chapter 7

Sasuke and Hinata traveled in silence to the graveyard once half way there they stopped for a break. Sasuke made a fire the Hyuga stared at the flames then glanced at the Uchiha who sat infront of her, his eyes staring at her as the light of the fire made his face glow slightly making her quickly look away. "You destroyed my home and killed all who I know because they all got in the way of me being yours... nothing in is your way now yet you do nothing but stare." She voiced quietly. "Something is still in the way, but it is not something I can destroy or kill. You don't want me to take you. I don't just want your body I want everything; your heart, your soul, your mind, your body. I will not settle for only one and I have no interest in forcing you. It would close off your heart, it would destroy your soul and your mind would be nothing afterwards... taking your body, making you mine is not worth the price. I have thought of it of course... but I could never bring myself to do such a thing." He stated making her look back at him, she was honestly surprised to hear him say that but it was somewhat nice to know that he wasn't going to rape her. "You force me to do everything else..." "I do not believe I made you stay I made it clear you could leave yet you find a reason to stay... you did not leave until I told you to because you are a Hyuga women, similar to Uchiha they are submissive... I could kiss you and you would allow it, I could  force you and you would allow it, I could kill you right now and you would allow it and why, why would you do that because I'm not your enemy... you don't hate me despite me giving you good reasons to, damn good reasons to. You're too nice... you could never hate or seek revenge. We are opposites yet we are similar." He stated bluntly leaving her dumbfounded and it grew quiet once more until she began to shake. Sasuke approached her slowly and touched her head. "You have a fever..." she stared at how close he was before he grabbed a blanket and wrapped it tightly around. She didn't push him away nor did she attempt to move away and in that moment she began to cry. "You have to sweat the fever out before it gets worse... sit close to the fire and keep bundled up." He said, not phased by her tears he sat back down on the other side of the fire. He listened to her cry and gave a sigh. "Why do you cry like a baby? Only babies cry..." she wiped her face and looked at him. "You would tell me that when I would cry as children..." Sasuke gave a rather pleased look. "You remembered..." Silence filled the air once more and Sasuke looked at the sky before laying down."try to get some sleep..." he said but despite him laying down not only to watch her sleep but to keep alert incase the masked man returned.

The next morning they woke early and traveled to the Mountains' Graveyard. The rest of team taka would be arrive the next day but that only meant Hinata would be spending another day alone with Sasuke but due to his words the night before she didn't fear him like she did before in fact due to his word she was a little more comfortable about him being near her. They set up camp with the supply Sasuke had stashed in the mountains. Hinata would be sharing a tent with Karin while Suigetsu and Jugo shared a tent while Sasuke of course got his own. Hinata glanced around the mountains and it was honestly a bit unsettling, she familiarized herself with her new area with her Byakugan until she saw a man in the distance which made her take a fighting stance, he quickly approached throwing Shuriken and Kunai at her which dodged quickly but before the masked man could get too close to her Sasuke settled in and stabbed the guy from behind. Hinata froze at his attack while the Uchiha simple removed the man's mask. He narrowed his eyes and beheaded the man making Hinata fall to he knees. Sasuke glanced at her before turning away from her in silence dragging the body and head away. In that very moment Hinata remembered he was a mad coldblooded killer. She went to her tent for the rest of the day and Sasuke didn't bother to check on her knowing it was best to leave her be. 

The next morning Suigetsu and others arrived with the large army in tow. Suigetsu smirked at the Uchiha and slabbed his back. "Saw your new scarecrow as we entered what foolish bastard got on your bad side?" "He was one of Orochimaru's hitch men... he attacked Hinata. I'm insulted he'd send someone so weak to attack her." He stated and at his words Karin immediately when to check on Hinata who was still in her tent simply just sitting there. The Uzumaki sat next to her. "You are a ninja you have seen death before, why are you in such a shock?" "I don't know..." she admitted. "Let's coom something, I'm sure you are hungry." Karin suggested hoping to get her mind off the situation. Sasuke and Suigetsu wasted no time in with training with the Guntai making sure they all were prepared for taking over the strong village of Iwagakure and the small villages around Iwagakure but the Uchiha made sure who to keep an eye on Hinata but at night fall Sasuke approached Suigetsu who was shining his sword. "I need to go do something keep an eye on Hinata and if even one comes near her kill them." Suigetsu grinned at his words. "Gladly..." Sasuke left and Suigetsu yawned before going over to Hinata with his hands behind his head. "Hyuga Sasuke wanted me to keep an eye on you but I have a better idea. You use Taijutsu so why don't we train together huh? Promise to go easy on ya." Karin narrowed her eyes. "I don't know what you are planning but you better not leave a single mark on her or Sasuke will Chidori your ass..." "Pfff relax kill joy just trying to make sure she can handle her own in both Kenjutsu along with Taijutsu I won't even use a real sword so what says you Hinata wanna train?" The Hozuki asked with a grin. Hinata gave a nod and stood to her feet.

She grabbed a wooden sword in front of here while Suigetsu did the same before charging at her Hinata blocked his attack on countered it. "You are fast... I'll give you that." Karin carefully watched them fight until Suigetsu knocked Hinata's wooden sword making her stand but Suigetsu dropped his sword and they begin to train in Taijutsu making her sit back down and cross her arms. "I find it interesting you care about her and don't see her as a rival it's rather mature of yoy." Jugo commented making her glance at him. "I only want Sasuke happy and if she makes him happy I will stand a side and let them be together. He cares about her so I care about her as well." Jugo gave a light smile and nodded. "I think she has kind of grown on all of us. Suigetsu doesn't train with just anyone. He's not really the training time." Karin gave a sharp nod in return. When Sasuke returned later that night Hinata was already asleep worn out from her changing training session from the Hozuki. Sasuke peeked in her tent and placed a flower pressing book and bouquet of wild flowers next to he sleeping bag before leaving. Karin saw his gesture and gave a smirk but said nothing.

The next day Hinata woke to see a book and flowers making her sit up and rub her eyes. "He brought you that last night, looks like he picked the flowers himself." Karin commented making the Hyuga looking at her. "Flower pressing is one of my hobbies..." she said running her hand over the pretty looking book. "How do you feel about him?" The Uzumaki asked bluntly. "He's not the boy I remember as a child but I didn't expect him to be after what happen to his family. I couldn't blame him for seeking revenge or going mad... I... I didn't hate him for leaving the village though I did find him a trader of the village and did want him to return because Naruto wanted him back in the village..." Hinata stated honestly. "How do you feel about him now?" She asked. "Well... he murdered my clan, my friends, he destroyed my village and stalks me in the most unsettling way but... he is kind sometimes and almost sweet by being protective and none forceful to me which is kind of I don't know nice I guess..." the Hyuga admitted awkwardly. "Do you think you could return his feelings after what he did?" The Uzumaki asked as she pushed her glasses up on her face. Hinata rubbed her arms and bit her lip making Karin smile. "You're hesitant... you realize if you do you'll be somewhat insane, which means you kind of belong with us." Hinata looked away from her and got up. "I think I'll make breakfast." "I'll help." She offered.

After a somewhat filling breakfast Sasuke and Suigetsu trained with the Guntai while Karin scouted the area with her sensor skills, making sure no one would disturbed there training. Hinata was alittle ways outside of the grave yard picking more flowers to press in her book. She hummed happily while Jugo watched as he feed his birds, knowing Sasuke would want someone to keep an eye on her. Hinata picked flowers until she heard someone approached her she quickly turned and took a fighting stance dropping her flowers. She saw a man with bluish-white hair and eyes white as like her making her gasp. He smiled at her and stretched his hand out at her. "My Byakugan princess... I have found you at last." Hinata backed up slightly before Sasuke grabbed her and pulled her to his chest, pointing his sword at the stranger. "Like hell you have..."