chapter 12

Chapter 12

Once Iwagakure was conquered Team taka's next goal was to take over Sunagakure but as Sasuke and the Guntai trained for the upcoming battle Jugo approached holding a cat. "Cat!" Suigetsu said with a smirk but before he could attempt to play with it the towering man spoke, "I have to leave." "What the fuck?! We are suppose to be taken Suna in like two days! Where do you need to go that is so damn important?!" Suigetsu shouted. "Tamaki needs me." He replied as he pet the cat. "So... a cat just shows up randomly and you are taking it as a sign that your cat woman needs you...? What the hell?! Even I think that's crazy!" The Hozuki spatted. "I just know this is important... Sasuke..." Jugo said as he looked to his leader. The Uchiha gave a nod, "Go on. Sunagakure can wait until you return, We can continue working with Iwa until then." The towering man gave a nod and left.

Jugo walked towards the gate of Iwagakure until Hinata approached him carrying a bento lunch. "Jugo" he smiled at her and patted her head lightly as if she was a child before taking the lunch he had forgotten. "Thank you, take care of Sasuke while I am gone." She gave a nod and smiled as he walked away before turning back to continue her patrol of Iwagakure. The village did seem happier and more at peace then she had ever seen it which filled her with a sense of joy. She met up with Karin after they patrolled the village and had tea. "I honestly can't believe Sasuke just let a mad man like Jugo leave like that... he could go on a murder spree if someone pisses him off... I know he wouldn't just leave the team for no reason so something has to be up." the Uzumaki stated. "Well... he is only leaving for Tamaki so I think since it's for her he will be okay on his own, the way he talks about its like... I don't know it makes me feel all warm inside to see the look in his eyes and content face when he talks about her." The Hyuga stated with a small smile. Karin simple rolled her eyes finding the sweet romantic talk gross. "Yeah yeah... whatever with Jugo gone Sasuke will have some free time before kami knows when Jugo will be back so you should probably spend some time with him while you can. You're staying in Iwagakure while we take over the rest of the villages we have Suna, Kumo, and Kiri which will take probably months to take over and control." She stated making Hinata look at her tea before standing up. "You're right..." Karin smiled as she watched her walk off.

Sasuke had just finished his training with the Guntai when he saw Hinata approached him with a picnic basket. He took the basket and her hand before they walked off to a large flat rock to have a picnic lunch. Neither spoke as they ate but he could tell something was on her mind. "There's no need to worry for Jugo, he'll return. He is faithful to the team." "It's not him... are you really entrusting Iwa to me?" "For now. It's shouldn't be that difficult, the people have well adjusted to their new life style and don't remember anything from the past but I can't just leave it with no one watching over it and since I don't want you on the battle field it will be something for you to do." She gave a nod but said nothing making him sigh. "They are good." He stated as he pointed to what was left over Onigiri. "I'll what to take some with me." She gave him a smile, "I'm glad you like my cooking. I'll make sure to pack you and the others some bento lunches" He gave her a light peck. "Or... you could just make me a lunch and forget about those idiots." Hinata knew he was actually  being serious but she couldn't help but laugh. "Oh don't be that way... they are my teammates as well and I want to help out in anyway I can." "Hn" he muttered in a rather jealous tone before she shyly touched his hand. "Um... with you having to leave soon and me nothing going to be seeing you for awhile I was hoping we could spend time together." He looked at with a pleased look. "Alright what do you have in mind." Hinata blushed "well... I don't know whatever you want. I want you to enjoy your time before having go off to Suna." "Okay... let's go for a walk first..." he grabbed her hand and she happily followed him.

They walked around the outskirts of the village in silence but both was rather content with the quiet. Hinata looked at their hands, they seemed to fit perfectly together which made her smile. "Do you like this she asked?" "Like what?" He asked. "This... holding hands um... I know you aren't very affectionate. I don't want you to feel like you have to do this just because." She replied softly making him give her hand a light squeeze. "I like this. I like being affectionate towards you, you are the only exception. You like this right?" "Yes... you hands is really warm it feels nice." He gave a nod before they returned to the Tsuchikage tower. "I need to make sure the Guntai aren't getting to restless, I'll see you later." She nodded as he left her in the foyer.