55th Letter: The Letter From Our Past Self

February 26, 2020

February 26, 2020

Dear Future Me,

I received the letter our past self had sent me last year and I thought I should reply. Not back to her, since we can't rewind the past, but to you instead.

The thing is, I'm not out in the world working my ass out and making money. The truth is, I don't have a job yet. I'm at home like all the time, wasting time. But I did managed to have a job last few months ago for only six months and there were speculations that they'd hire me back for a regular position which I'd been looking forward to or reassigned me to another department. But, sadly, none of those happened at all. It's been two months already since I'm unemployed, and I'm lying my ass out at home, reading my books and taking care of my pets. More on that later. First there's something I need to tell you about what happens now. Or yesterday, for that matter.

Yesterday, I went to the city with my mom, carrying my bags and stuffs, and thinking sadly that I may not be able to come back. You see, I had this job I applied. My one shot in the city and I got it. I was excited to make a go for it, though my nerves had been shaking in fear. Unfortunately, when we went there yesterday, we couldn't find a place to stay for me. And we only had a limited time to look. I don't know what's wrong with me but when we couldn't find anything, I took the next ferry and went back home with my mom. It was the stupidest thing I ever did in my life. And you know what made it more stupid to the highest level? I went home with a smiling face, realizing that I may be able to come see my pets after all, bringing along the book I managed to haul in the Booksale store for the last minutes and telling my mom I should just make an ice cream for a living with the incredible utensils she just bought at the store for the last minutes as well.
I was so stupid. I feel so embarrassed now thinking about it, but seeing my pets again and reading that book I bought just make me more happy.

I don't know when will oppurtunities come again. I just wasted something so precious. I'm a moron.

You see, our past self was right. I am stressed. But every time that I am, I just read my books, watch my favourite kpop bands, and play with my pets. And everything will turn out fine in the end.

And, our sister is such an ass. We still keep fighting for a lot of different reasons but we're okay. Mom is not improving in health but she's improving in mentally. She'd been active these days and she's keeping it healthy. She's taking classes on tailoring and joining the women's club in our brgy. She's very busy nowadays but she's really happy. Dad is fine too. He's eating a lot. We made him eat a lot because he has hyper but he's healthy now. He's happy collecting antique items while I go sell them online.

And of course, I didn't forget about BTS. Why would I? They're my happiness too. They just had a comeback last few days ago and it's so lit. I'm still in love with Seokjin. And my list of boyfriends just keep growing since I have lots of kpop boybands I love already and my third boyfriend is Kim Jungwoo from NCT. I just had a dream of him the night before last and it looked so real. I feel more in love.

I didn't stop reading. Although, there were a few months when I did. That was when I had that job. I felt so stressed and lonely and reading just made it worse so I stopped for a while and comit myself to writing. And I have a lot of writing pieces now. You should see them. They're on Wattpad.
And of course, the book collection. Yes I have it. And yes, The Book Thief is one of them. I have The Kite Runner too (which I haven't read yet since I just bought it yesterday), The Perks of Being A Wallflower (our all time fave), The Catcher In The Rye (That one book that we made our own), The Last Time We See Goodbye (The first book we bought with our very own money) and many other cheap but very impressive books we managed to haul from the Booksale store. Looking at them, I can really say that I'm happy now.

I am not living the life our past self had imagined, but I did managed to live that kind of life a few months ago when I still have that job. And it was kind of lonely somehow. I felt so alone. But now, everything's fine. Everything's happy. I am home, my only favourite place in the world. I have my parents with me, my pets, and my books. This is a good life. Seriously, what more could I ask for?

'till then, stay healthy.

Love always,
magicshop