74th Letter: The Excitement Made From Songs We Love

July 15, 2020

Dear Future Me,

I'm sorry the dates were a bit complicated. I wrote this last month but I wasn't planning to post it for you because it looked like a mess that time and my mind was also a mess. But I decided I should just do a bit of edits and post it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

June 24, 2020

Dear Future Me,

Hi. Sorry it took me long to organize my words. I've been feeling happy these past few days and a bit excited to the point that I just can't stop thinking about how excited I am.

Anyways, I'm just going to update you again with my playlist. Here's the songs that I've been playing on my phone these days.

1. My My and Kidult - Seventeen
        - There's a lot that I want to talk about Seventeen right now. I've been hooked up with them lately and feeling excited about everything they do. They just had a comeback the other day and I really waited for it. The title track got stuck in my head now and I just couldn't let it out. I have heard all the songs in the album and these two songs are my favorites. My My was released a week before the others and I love it at first listened. It didn't hit different even after I listened to it a few times. It's still giving me the same refreshing feeling from the moment I heard it for the first time. I really don't know how to describe it. I have a lot to say but I couldn't find my words. I think it's that song that's been lifting up my spirits these days. It's so calming and peaceful. The music video turns out really great as well. It's full of hope and promise, of happiness and good vibes. It's a journey song packed with friendship and love, where a group of friends set off somewhere else to find their way. And the members look so cool to look at in the music video. They had smiles on their faces as they sing and one that made my heart melt is the part where The 8 sings his lines "No need to rush, you're doing fine / Just stay as you are / My journey starts with me". How The 8 sings it and how that part sounded in my ear the first time is like I've been starting my own journey as well with a smile on my face and being hopeful of what great encounters I would face ahead.
(But honestly, the pest thing about the music video is Meanie 😍😁. I hope you write back to me and tell me how you feel about them in your time) Anyway, the lyrics are full of meaning as well. I'll put the link here so you can watch it again.

https://youtu.be/PQOJJ037ys8

So the other song is Kidult. I don't know what that means yet. Haven't looked it up on Google. I just wanna listen to this song because it's so cool and refreshing. The vocals are so,.. I don't know how to describe it, on point I guess? So precise and so beautiful. (Of course it is. It's Seventeen) It makes me want to smile and cry at the some time. I guess this song has been taking me on an emotional roller-coaster ride lately and I love it. Last night I was listening to it near the window and I was alone and it felt like I was appearing in my favourite dramas and books. It gives off that kind of feeling, like you are in a coffee shop alone, sipping your hot coffee and it's raining outside and you see the drops of rain falling against the glass window at your side. And you just felt really inspired that you feel like you want to take photographs or write poems. That feeling. It also helps me sleep. I listened to it last night when I was about to fall asleep and I was like, "Wow, this is the most beautiful song the world has made so far" and I feel asleep thinking about it. I hope you write back to me and tell me how you feel about it again.

https://youtu.be/MAamSTQ-TMA

3.  Phobia - Stray Kids 
             - (Just wanna tell you that I'm having a mental breakdown right now because two of my fav groups in the word made a comeback at the same time. Not exactly on the same day but four days apart which means they will  be promoting at the same, which also means we'll have to see them on music shows at the same time, guest on variety shows which will be released on YouTube at the same time and compete with each other on the charts at the same time. I'm used to it already but still 😭)
Anyway, let's talk about the song. Like I said, Stray Kids came back 6 days ago and the concept was so lit. I haven't heard all the songs in the album yet because there are so many. It's their first full album by the way and it is very special to me because they finally had a full album since they debut. I heard this song yesterday and I love it. It isn't usually so "Stray Kids". I almost didn't recognize it the second time I listen to it. But as I said, I love it because the vocals are so refreshing. Han is hitting the high notes here and I think Stray Kids are still confused who they want the main vocal to be because sometimes they let Seungmin sings the high notes but sometimes it's Han. And Han is a rapper by the way but his vocals are just so beautiful. (This is why he's my bias by the way 😍) I love listening to his voice and when I heard this song I felt like I'm melting. Anyway, there's always something about Stray Kids that makes their song special. It's that uniqueness and the fact that they are the ones who make and produce them. You'll know it if the group is good if they're the ones making their songs. We, the fans, understand them better and they understand us better as well. And through those songs, a strong connection is always made between them and us. That's why I stan Stray Kids. Best 4th Gen group in the Kpop industry. Period. Hands down. And here's the link for Phobia.

https://youtu.be/HZgvPXXCeI8

-----------------------------------------------------------

So I guess that's all it is.
Thank you for taking time to read my letter. Please write back to me wherever you are.

Love always,
magicshop