Chapter 11

Friday

Evening

Y/n's Pov

" So your in love with my brother for a year? "

I nodded my head followed by a groan of frustration. After the live performance of Kitty section I  went straight home. Even though the others wanted to go out and celebrate I wasn't in the mood at all. The main reason being Luka's sudden confession to Marinette. I knew they would probably talk about it and I certainly did not want to hear that. But to my luck or dismay Juleka wanted to talk about where we left off at her house. That was the last thing I wanted but she was pretty persistent. So I ended up saying yes, I told her the whole situation and here we were...

" Can you tell me why you like him? " I pushed my head of the pillow and sighed " Well he's always so relaxed, has beautiful hair and eyes. He can play the guitar so well and his music always gets to me. Plus I have tons of funny memories with him. I can't really explain it... but those are a couple of reasons why I like him "

Juleka smiled " I can tell he's really special to you. But why do you seem so gloomy right now?"

His confession played in my head again " Well I don't think he likes me the way I like him..." I tried to find a reason to explain my behavior because I couldn't tell her that her brother was in love with Marinette. I promised him to keep it a secret.

" You mean that he likes Marinette? "

' Wait,What? '

" What do you mean? " I asked carefully " You don't have to lie, I already know one of my brothers secret " Juleka chuckled " I mean for me, it wasn't really hard to tell. "

I was shocked and kind of impressed " How long have you known?"

" A couple of months. " My jaw dropped " wow "

" Anyway is that the reason you're upset? " I slowly nodded " But why don't you try to confess your feelings. Sure he may like Marinette but he has known you for much longer. Plus you guys spent so much time together. Maybe he secretly likes you and uses Marinette as an diguise "

Groaning I laid flat on my bed " First I know for a 100% sure that his feelings for Marinette are real. Second telling him how I feel is easier said than done. And third he just confessed to Marinette this afternoon. " After saying that last sentence that stupid confession scene played in my head again. But not only that, I could feel something wet running down my cheeks.

' Great just great now I'm crying'  whipping the tears with my sleeves I buried my head back into the pillow

I felt my bed sink down a bit, followed by a hand patting my back gently " I'm sorry Y/n "

It was nice of her to try to comfort me but I really couldn't take this anymore. For a year I was in love with my best friend. Even though I didn't tell him we still had lots of fun together. But when Luka begin to develop feelings for Marinette I felt so frustrated and jealous. Everytime we would hang out Luka would always bring Marinette into the topic, every goddamn time! And to be frank it always pissed me off. My jealousy sometimes even made me hate the girl but I knew that she didn't do anything wrong at least not intentionally.

After a while Juleka went home, and I finally had some time to myself. It wasn't really dark outside so I decided to go for a walk to clear my head a bit. I took my keys and jacket and made my way to the bridge. The sky was slowly turning from orange to a darker blue one. I could see a couple of tiny stars appear in the sky followed by the moon who formed a small smile.

Arriving I just sat on a bench looking at the water. With the reflection of the moon on it made the water shine a bit creating a nice and relaxed atmosphere

' Man I wish I had my sketchbook right now. '

" Hey what are you doing out her alone? "

Startled I looked behind me to see the snake hero Viperion. Jumping of the edge of the bridge he sat on the other side of the bench and crossed his arms and legs " A girl alone on the streets at night isn't a good thing. It could be dangerous "

I huffed " I'm sure that it isn't that dangerous. Besides I do this from time to time when I need to clear my head " I mumbled the last part quietly

" Oh really? If I may ask what is it that you're thinking about? "

" Nothing serious just some dum girl stuff I guess.. " I wasn't planning on telling him that my heart just got broken, that would be pretty embarrassing to tell a hero.

" That's fine you don't have to if you don't want to however I can tell your problem sounds a bit like this" The snake hero let a harp appear and gently let his fingers slide across it. The sound that he created was indeed somehow the felling I had. A mixture of sadness, frustration but also a tiny bit of happiness? Weird enough... Closing my eyes, my mind begin to wander to Luka. Viperion kind of reminded me of him.

Opening my eyes again I looked at the moon a small smile forming on my lips " You know you remind me of someone..." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. Viperion stopped playing and listened " He also knows exactly how I feel with the help of his guitar. "

" Really? Is he a friend of yours?" I nodded " He's my best friend actually... "

" What kind of guy is he? " Crossing my legs I thought about how to describe Luka " Well he's a really kind and relaxed guy. He has beautiful hair and eyes and whenever he plays I'm always enchanted by the sounds he creates. In one word he's amazing and the best friend I could ever wish for. Always there for me when I need him and I for him...."

My words made me think about this afternoon. He's my support and I'm his, if Luka is happy with Marinette by his side than so will I. I will be happy for him and support him no matter what. 

' I'll do it for him'

Turning my head towards the hero I gave him a small smile " Thanks! Because of you, you made me realize something important "

Viperion raised an eyebrow and chuckled " I don't know what I did to help you but I'm glad you're feeling better. "

Standing up I quickly gave him a peck on the cheek " That's also a thank you for listening and of course being a great hero. See ya" and so I walked away leaving a smiling Viperion behind.

" See ya Y/n"