Chapter 13

Saturday

Afternoon

Luka's pov

" You don't have to stay with me, if you wanna leave that's okey " It's been teen minutes since my little breakdown. And all this time Y/n stayed and comforted me.

She shook her head " I'm good, but do you want to be alone ?"

" Yeah kinda if you don't mind... " She gave me a sad smile " I get it, call me if you need anything? " Y/n got of the bed and took her jacket, waving goodbye she closed the door and I could hear her walk away

Letting out a shaky breath I looked around my room. I really wanted to do something that would distract me, but there wasn't really anything to do. I could always play on my guitar, but I didn't really feel like it. Laying on my bed I stared at the ceiling while thinking back to Friday.

Flasback Friday

" Y-you like me? " Marinette questioned

Smiling I nodded my head " I do, Since the first day I meet you, you intrigued me. And the more time I spent with you the more you amazed me. You have a great personality and of course you're really pretty. "

Her face got redder and redder with the minute and it was really adorable to see. With every courage I had I took both her hands in mine and I finally asked her the one thing that I always wanted to say " Marinette, will you be my girlfriend? "

Her eyes held a surprised expression while her lips slightly parted and her cheeks turned into a crimson color. But for a couple of seconds no words came out making me a bit nervous and scared. However her shocked expression turned into a gentle one. But the minute her hands left mine I feared her response.

" Luka I really like you I do but.. I already have feelings for someone else. "

My breath hitched

" I'm sorry but I can't. "

I could feel water forming in the corner of my eyes but I held it back. I gave her the best smile I could and answered " I understand, and you don't have to be sorry. And if you ever need help with the guy, let me know. I would be happy to assist you."

Marinette smiled " Thank you Luka but you don't have to d-" I cut her off  " No I want to, I want you to be happy. So give me a sign and I'll help " Patting her shoulder I walked towards the exist door

" Luka! " I spun around " I hope we can still be friend?"

Grinning I replied " Of course, I don't want to lose you as a friend over this"

end Flasback

Y/n's pov

" Jul, Marinette turned him down and I know I shouldn't be happy about it but I am... " sighing  I leaned onto the side of the bridge. After leaving Luka in his room I went to Juleka to talk about the current situation because I really felt like needing someone to listen right now.  And so here we where outside on the bridge under the night sky.

" Indeed you shouldn't be Y/n, but at the same time I understand why you do. My brother got rejected and you like him. So that means that you have a change"

I  was happy because Luka wouldn't be in a relationship with Marinette and that thought relieved me. There was still a chance for me. But thinking about it made me realize that even though he got turned down he still loved her. And I knew that his feelings for her wouldn't change that quickly.

" You're right, but even if I told him I know he will not return my feelings because he still loves her. " Juleka sighed " Yeah, your probably right.."

" But I still want to tell him someday " I murmured while thinking deeply. For a whole year I kept my feelings for Luka a secret. I always encouraged him with Marinette despite that deep down I never wanted anything to happen between them. But I did it for him. But right know I never felt such a strong urge to tell him despite knowing his answer.

" Y/n I understand you want to tell him but please think about it carefully. Because if he rejects you, do you think that you're okey to just being friends? " Juleka took my hands in here's " I don't want things to be awkward between the two of you."

I was really touched by her concern " Don't worry I don't plan on telling him right know " I squeezed her hands in reassurance."

* Later that night

 I sat on my bed while looking at my phone laying on the nightstand. 

' Maybe I should text him'

I reached over my phone and unlocked it.

Best friend

Y/n: Hey Luka, how you feeling?

I starred at my screen waiting for a reply. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't text back because it was almost 00.00. But luck was on my side when a text bubble appeared

Luka: I'm okey thanks. And you're still not sleeping either I see

Y/n: Not really, you know I have trouble sleeping during weekends. 

Luka: Haha yeah I know, by the way are you still going tomorrow to the concert?

Y/n: Of course I am! And you?

Luka: Well it would be a shame if I didn't, I already bought my ticket.

Y/n: You know if you don't feel like going you don't have to. 

Luka: I know but I'm going, after all I'm a Jagged fan remember? 

Y/n: Haha me too, so see you tomorrow night?

Luka: Sure see you then

I closed my phone and put it back on the nightstand. Closing my eyes I tried to fall asleep