Tailgate- Crossover

(stemmed from the infection crossover but it's all happy here!)

The sun was out and it was a beautiful day in Chicago. It was a solid 85 degrees outside and everything was perfect. A few of you guys had the day off so you decided to head out to the Bears vs. Packers game at Soldier Field. You watched as Halstead and Casey passed the football to one another, their smiles greater than kids in a candy shop. You sat with the girls, hassling Atwater to get the pregame on the television but nothing he was doing seemed to be working. "Come on Atwater, we're missing pregame!" Kim exclaimed. Atwater sighed and tilted his head back, "Kim if you don't shut up about the pregame I swear-" You chuckle as you turned to see Kidd all snuggled up to Severide who was grilling some food for us. "Severide how much longer? Even my arm is starting to look good about now!" you asked. "Will you just be patient y/n? I swear it's almost done then you can inhale all the food you want." he smiled. Your mouth dropped as you couldn't believe what he just said. "Hey! I do not inhale. I eat at a perfectly normal pace." "Are you kidding? Y/n you literally shovel food into you mouth." Sylvie piped in. You contemplated before getting another opinion. "Hey Casey!" you yelled. We secured the ball Halstead threw to him before turning his head, "What's up?" "Do I inhale my food?" He thought for a second before responding, "Yes. 100%" Everyone started laughing. "Alright everyone I've got hot tamales from Mama Garcia's. Dig in!" Hailey yelled as she walked up with two trays of delicious smelling tamales. You we're about to jump out of your chair to grab one but with the recent conversation playing in the back of your mind, you thought it'd be better to wait until everyone else got one before you did. Once you grabbed one, you slowly pulled pieces and put them in your mouth. Everyone looked at each other with smiles on their face. "Y/n." you looked at Nat and replied back, "What?" "You know we're just messing with you right? You're literally one of the slowest eaters on the planet." Your eyes widened as you looked around at all your friends. "You guys are so mean that literally made me so self conscious. I hate you guys!" They all just chuckled and replied back, "Aww we love you too y/n/n!"

20 mins later

"Hey guys we should start packing up. Kickoff's in 40 minutes," you heard Halstead say looking up from his watch. You all did your part and got your area cleaned in 15 mins and started making your way into the stadium. Walking to the stadium, you felt an arm wrap around your shoulder. You look up, knowing exactly who it was. Halstead. "Hey, I'm having a lot of fun. Thanks for inviting me today," you said with a smile. He looked down at you with a smile. "Yeah it was a lot of fun having you here. I'm glad you were able to make it." No you weren't dating but you two were the best of friends and that's all. Actually all of these people we're your best friends. You quickly made friends with everyone from the frequent trips to Molly's and you were completely comfortable every single person. That's also why they had no problem hassling you; they were completely comfortable with you too. The day was a huge success ending with a Bears win over the Packers. But it didn't stop there. You guys all decided that you didn't want the fun to stop and it was still hot enough, that Nat invited you all over to her house to have a barbecue and pool party. To say this was the best day ever was exactly fitting. Nothing beats being surrounded by the people you love, and the people who love you right back.