Chapter 3

Priya's POV
......

I WAS SHOCKED!!!! I'm not ready for a marriage. Neither mentally nor physically. Also I am just 22 years old.

My mom and dad were delighted about Prabhu Uncle's and Preetha aunty's proposal. Looking at me, my mom said that they wanted me to marry Vijay since we were little. Apparently they were waiting for Vikram to get married so they could talk about Vijay's marriage. They've also arranged this meal so we could get to know each other. I now understand why my mother wanted me to dress up for this meal and why she didn't let me come out early to greet the guests.

I WAS FLABBERGASTED !! Prabhu Uncle then said that Vijay is happy to get married to me and he asked me if I was happy to get married to Vijay. I didn't know what to say. My parents were giving me death stares. If looks could kill, I would be ashes now. My parents excused me out of the room to have a conversation with me.

As soon as we reached the room, mom started her famous emotional blackmail which always would work on me. She told me the choice is totally up to me. But, if I say no to them then she and dad will be really upset as Prabhu uncle and Preetha aunty are so close to them, more like their sister and brother. Also my dad suffered from a heart attack a few months ago. He has a feeling that he will die soon, so he wants me to be in safe hands if anything happens to him. I didn't want to hurt my parents. So I decided and went to the living room and informed everyone that I'm ready to get married to Vijay.

But I told Prabhu uncle and Preetha aunty that I want to talk to Vijay now privately. They agreed and asked Vijay to go with me. I walked out with Vijay to the garden in front of our home. At the beginning there was awkward silence as none of us knew how to start the conversation. I slowly coughed a bit to get his attention and asked him what he thinks about this whole idea of marriage. Without any hesitation he blurted out that he doesn't want to get married and he's only doing this for the sake of his parents. I was speechless. I struggled to find words and I slowly said ''okay''. After thinking for some time I replied, "even i am not interested in this marriage but I am only doing it for my parents sake''. He just looked at me and after a small silence he said, ''Fair enough, for the sake of our parents let's get married and live as a Happily married couple in front of others. but only as roommates when we are alone. DEAL?''.

Without giving it much thought I said,''DEAL''. Honestly I don't even know why I agreed to this. Marriage is something very sacred and special to me. I always dreamed about a perfect marriage, perfect husband and a perfect family. I know very well that it's not a daily soap opera to Act for one or two days .It's for a lifetime. But I still agreed to it. If only I knew what it would be like to be a fake couple. THIS IS NOT HOW I WANTED MY LOVE STORY TO BE.