Chapter 26

Priya's POV........

After a month

So it's been a month since Vijay and I came back from Chennai. Nothing really has changed in the past few days. We don't talk much. Just exchanging greetings if we come across each other or if we have to say something to one another. He gets on with his own things and I will find something to keep myself busy. We only have one more month till the contract ends. After that Vijay and I will be getting divorced.

To pass the time, I've started working at a primary school near the apartment. It's only a temporary job. Just sitting in this apartment is making me feel really suffocated.

As it's Sunday, Vijay and I don't have to go to work. I woke up at 7, took a cold shower and changed into a saree (felt like wearing a saree today). Tied my hair and went out of my room with the intention of preparing breakfast. When I went to the kitchen, I saw upma had already been made and was ready to be served in the kitchen. As I was staring at the upma someone from behind said, ''I decided to make breakfast today, I hope you don't mind''. I was startled by the sudden voice but I managed to say that it was fine and served the food.

After having breakfast, my mom called me and wished me 'happy birthday'. That's when I remembered it was my birthday. After mom, the rest of my family wished me.

After like 5 minutes Vijay's family called me and they all wished me too. Normally on my birthday, we used to have a big celebration at my house. It's the first time ever in my life I've forgotten my birthday.

I was really happy when Vijay's and my family wished me. But inside my heart, I was eagerly waiting for someone else to wish me. YES! Your guess is right. I am waiting for 'my...' sorry I mean Vijay to wish me except it's very unlikely for him to know it's my birthday (unless his family tell him) so I wasn't expecting a wish from him.

When it was 4pm, Vijay knocked on my bedroom door and when I opened the door he said ''Priya, today is my friend's bachelor party. I'm gonna come back late''. After saying that he left without waiting for a reply from me. I just shook my head and went back to my bedroom to finish reading the novel.

Rest of the day went real quick. I didn't have anything else to do so I went to bed early. Around 9pm, someone rang the calling bell. "Vijay has the keys so who could it be?" I thought in my mind and went to open it even though I was quite scared.

When I opened the door, I saw Radhika's husband Madhav. I've never really spoken with him much. We just introduced ourselves before that's it. This was the first time he came to our flat.

''Ummm... Hey! Do you want something?" I asked him.
"Yes, I do" he replied and then said ''Priyanka, Radhika had a minor Injury. We don't have a first aid kit. So if you don't mind please could I please use yours?''

"Is Radhika alright? What happened?" I asked again. "She cut her hand while chopping the vegetables. It's a bit of a deep wound though" he replied.
''Yeah, You please wait here. I'll be back with the First Aid Kit in a minute'' I said and went to Vijay's room to get the kit since it was there in his room. Luckily Vijay's room wasn't locked. After I found the kit in his room, I went to the front door to give it to Radhika's husband.

When I reached there, I saw the main door was closed and Madhav was sitting on our sofa. I was shocked by his gesture except I decided to ignore it and said ''Mr. Madhav there you go'' and started to open the door for him.

As I was opening the door Madhav held my hand and pulled me towards him and started kissing the back of my neck. When I saw what he was doing, I slapped right across his face and told him to get out.

My actions made him angry and what he said after made me shudder with disgust ''Priya just cooperate with me today okay? If you cooperate with me today, nobody will know about this and whenever you want I will come and give you pleasure. A kind of pleasure not even your husband has given you. If you don't cooperate with me, I will have to force myself on you and I will enjoy it either way. Nobody is here to help you. I know your husband's gonna come late as well today. I've been looking for a perfect opportunity to enjoy you since I first saw you".

After he said that he threw me over his shoulder and took me to Vijay's room and threw me on the bed. ''Leave me. Let me go" I cried and screamed. But he didn't listen to me. Next he got on top of me and started kissing me but I used all my strength and pushed him and managed to run out of the room to get my phone which was in my room to call Vijay.

As soon as I got the phone I dialled his number and screamed for help. But in the process one thing I forgot to do was to lock my room. Now that I left it open, Madhav came running, threw my phone and pushed me to the bed in my room. He again got on top of me and started to forcefully kiss me. As he was a well built man, it was hard for me to push him or move away from him. He removed the pallu which covered my breasts and then started to unhook my blouse. But somehow I managed to escape from him at that moment by kicking his stomach. When I was running away from him, he got hold of me and ripped most of my blouse exposing a lot of my bra.

In the process of getting away from Madhav, I bumped into another person's chest and lost my consciousness.

....

Hey guys, I know this chapter isn't a happy one, but the chapters after this one will be much better. Sorry for taking a long time to update this. Please vote and comment ❤️

Thank you