Chapter 29

Not edited
Priya's POV
Three weeks later

So it's been three week since that incident happened. I only managed to recover from incident only because of Vijay ... in the last three weeks he supported, strengthened and motivated me to come to normal. Even though I have recovered , some parts on mind still keeps on reminding me that horrible incident.

Vijay didn't go to work In the last three weeks, he stayed with me full time. We have became much closer as well like we have talked about our likes/dislikes, favourite movies and shows and got know each other better in this time . Vijay opened up to me more about his past and his college life, how he met Sakshi and many other things. Also I spoke about my college life and my special memories before marriage.I am really happy with the way he is treating me ....

We have moved to another apartment as well because Vijay thought continuing to live in the previous apartment might bring back the horrible memories and that I might never be able to move on from the incident. The new apartment a smaller apartment compared to our previous one but it's a nice place. We have one master room and a guest room with a living room, kitchen and balcony. But I guess this place is a temporary one because our contract is ending in one week ..... Vijay hasn't mentioned anything about the contract so far but I guess he might still want us to split after the contract. In the last few weeks after the incident we have got closer and my love for him has increased so much than before but I'm scared to express my feelings because of the way he's reacted in the past when I tried to express my feelings.

Today Vijay is going back to his work, (I've stopped going to work after that incident). So I got up early today to prepare food and tiffin. We sleep in the same room now because theres only one bed in the new apartment (we didn't shift many things from the previous apartment). I woke up today seeing Vijays beautiful face, after a cold shower and morning chores I went to the kitchen a prepared breakfast. After preparing breakfast I went and woke up Vijay, suddenly in his sleep he grabbed my hand and I slipped and fell on top of him. Suddenly he woke up and looked at me strangely probably wondering what I'm doing on top of him. I was so embarrassed and said sorry to him and suddenly got out of the room. After Vijay got ready I served him breakfast and it was time for him to leave, normally he just says bye to me when he leaves but today he gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead and said 'take care, if there's any problem just ring me' and left. I was so happy with his gesture, I kinda feel like we are progressing our relationship but one thing I'm scared about is the contract which is going to end in one week.

Throughout the day Vijay called me multiple times to check on me and finally he came at 6pm today. I was soo happy to see him so as soon as he came back I went and hugged him and Vijay responded to my hug by hugging me back. We stayed like that for some time and finally I broke it asked him to freshen him so I could serve the tea. After having tea Vijay said that he'll order some Pizza, as we were waiting for the pizza me and Vijay decided to watch a movie together. After the incident our daily routine was watching movies together. We mainly watched comedy and horror .

We both agreed to watch a horror film called Sinister 2. However, I wasn't able to focus on the film, more than the film I was focusing on someone sat next to me in the sofa, we were sitting with a decent distance between us. I kept on glancing at Vijay so see how he reacting, as I was checking on his reactions I got engrossed in Vijays facial features. Suddenly Vijay Tapped in my shoulders and said Priya I didn't know the film was running on my face' smiling, ahh this the second time I'm embarrassed in front of him !!! I quickly looked at the tv.

Some time later the pizza arrived, we decided to eat the pizza whilst watching the film. After finishing the pizza I went to the kitchen to bin all the rubbish, suddenly the electricity went out meaning there was no light. Using my phones torchlight I went to where Vijay was sitting and gently placed my hands on his shoulder to get his attention. For some reason this made Vijay jump. I couldn't stop laughing from what I saw, Vijay was quite angry with what happened so he got up saying 'your gonna pay for this priya' sarcastically and came running up-to me forgetting it was dark. He managed to grab my kurti, but i tripped on something making both of us fall to the floor.

I fell first and Vijay fell on top of me, me and Vijay was in no mood to move ... both our lips were only a few inches apart and Vijay nose was touching mine. My heart was racing and I was breathing heavily, suddenly he kissed my cheeks whilst cupping my face making me respond to it and slowly moved to kiss my lips. I couldn't control myself so I decided to respond to him ... as he was progressing the kiss to my neck the electricity turned back on making the situation extra awkward ! Quickly Vijay stood up and I followed him by standing up. In my mind I was so frustrated because of how the electricity came back on and scared at the same time wondering what his reaction is gonna be to this incident. Vijays behaviour is so unpredictable so I'm scared how he's gonna react to this even though he's the one who started it. This is the second time today we are falling on each other's top.

Vijay came upto me and said 'Priya I'm sorry with what just happened now, it wasn't intentional, I promise you I won't repeat it again', I was a bit hurt by what he said because I wished he did it intentionally and not unintentionally. I felt rejected again from what he said ! Am I not Worth it ? Various thoughts crossed my mind at that point. We were both in no mood to continue watching the film so we decided to switch the tv of a go to bed.

Vijay slept facing the other side, thinking about how the contract is going to end in 6 days time now made my eyes well up with tears. I am really enjoying this life and breaking away from him is gonna crush my heart into a lot of pieces. I don't think I'll ever be able to move on if we split, I know understand why Vijay wasn't able to move on from Sakshi, it's easy for people to say move on but only the person experiencing knows the pain.

I wasn't able to sleep, after tossing around in the bed I decided to get up and go to the balcony. Many stars were present in the sky, as I was watching the stars all the memories of this marriage came into my mind, from the day we got married to today. The last 6 months went like a blink. When I first got married to Vijay I never thought I'd love him this much. I got married to Vijay when I was least expecting it. My life has taken a 360 degree after this marriage, things have changed a lot. What explanation will I give my family after we split ?

The memories of last 6 months and the thought of splitting up with Vijay made my eyes wet and tears started flowing, I allowed it to flow freely. But the way Vijay rejected me just now , the miserable life I have to leave after splitting , the rape incident three weeks ago and all the painful memories of this marriage was killing me. I feel like the affection he's showing me now is just sympathy !

Suddenly an idea popped in my mind .... to end it !

To be continued .....

Hello readers, I had some issue publishing this chapter yesterday, really sorry about that. Please let me know what you guys think of this chapter. Thanks for your support !!! ❤️