Chapter 18 (Making this marriage a contract ? )

Priya's POV........

Today Amma and appa were leaving Coimbatore. Vijay and I went to the airport to drop them, when it was time for them to leave I seeked their blessings and Amma held mine and Vijay's hands and said, ''Priya and Vijay, I know it hasn't been long since you guys have married but you know me and your father are not getting any younger. So we would love to see our grandchildren before we die''. Vijay and I were both shocked. We didn't expect this at all, like we are not even living as a married couple, then how can we have children? After telling us this, they both said bye to us and left.

After that I kinda felt awkward facing Vijay. In the car, I felt like he was disturbed because he was really quiet. I assumed it was because of what Amma said. Vijay wasn't going to his work today, which means that he'll be in the house the whole day. It was raining heavily as well, so when we reached the apartment, Vijay told me to wait in the car. I was confused but I still decided to wait and see what he was going to do. After a few seconds Vijay opened my side of the door and he was holding an umbrella. He asked me to come out of the car. After I got out Vijay closed the car door and threw his hand around my shoulder and stood next to me. There wasn't even a slightest gap between us. We walked together to the apartment. I was kinda enjoying what he was doing and surprised with it. Finally when we reached the apartment he took his hand away from me. I had butterflies in my stomach when he had his arms around me. I felt something different with his recent actions and attitude towards me. I've never felt like this before. Am I falling for him? 'No Priya. You are not. There is no point in falling for him, he won't love you ever' my conscience shouted at me.

After having a shower and changing into a kurti, I decided to shift my stuff back to my room. When I was going to do that Vijay called me, he was standing in the balcony watching the heavy rain. ''Ermm Priya, did you hear what my mother said when she was leaving?'', he asked me all of a sudden. I hesitantly said ''yes, I did''. ''what do you think about it Priya? I mean, as we've got married very recently, there won't be any pressure for now. But after some time both of our parents will start pressuring us for children", he said, still looking at the rain. I just stood there listening to him not knowing what to say. Because of my lack of response he continued, ''Priya this married life is giving me too much pressure and making me uncomfortable, please can we divorce after six months? I know that I'm being selfish and I'm sorry but Priya if you think about it, there is really no meaning in continuing this relationship. Divorcing after six months will only do good for both of us. Also there's no need for you to suffer like this for me''. I was shocked!! Like the way he shot that at me....

After few mins I quietly asked, ''Vijay do you really want to divorce?'' When he nodded his head, I answered, ''fine Vijay'' very quietly and left. My heart shattered into pieces when he said that.
I was quite upset with what Vijay said. I really don't want to divorce him and get any kind of freedom from him. At the end of the day, he is my husband. I do like him at some part in my heart. What will my parents think? How should I answer them? They will be devastated and disappointed in me if they get to know the reason behind our marriage. All these thoughts crossed my mind. However, if getting divorced will make him happy, then I'm fine with it.

After some crying sessions, I decided to shift my clothes into my room. Vijay walked into my room and watched me as I was taking my clothes out.

Next Day ...

I woke up at 5 today. For some reason, I couldn't fall asleep. I kept on thinking about the divorce. I was cursing myself for accepting to have a divorce.

After having breakfast Vijay left to work. I wanted to decorate the apartment because it looked so plain. But after a few seconds I thought, what's the point because I'm gonna be leaving this place forever in a couple of months. The day passed very quickly. When it was around 8 Vijay came back from work and came up to me and handed some papers. He asked me to read it, it was a contract paper. Basically in the contract it said that we'll be divorcing after 5 months because already one month of our marriage has already passed. After I read it, he asked me to sign it. Argh!! I was so annoyed with how he was making me sign and do stuff. However, I signed the papers and returned to the kitchen feeling so irritated and sad.

Few weeks later ...

3 weeks have passed after that. Vijay's been avoiding me a lot since then. He leaves to work before I wake up no matter how early I wake up he manages to leave before that. And comes back from work really late as well. He spends most of his time in his room when he has a day off or when he doesn't have to go anywhere. Basically like before he speaks to me very rarely and whenever it's necessary. Things were getting better until Amma and appa came. I'm not blaming anyone but when Amma mentioned kids, Vijay's mind got disturbed. Which led to this contract and divorce. I'm so sad and at the same time irritated. Why is he doing this to me? 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

When I was cleaning my room today I got a call on my phone. ''Hello, is this Vijay Sir's wife?' I responded ,''yes it is. May I know who's speaking?'' ''Madam, I'm one of the employees in your husband's company. Sir fainted in our construction site all of a sudden. He's in City Hospital now. Could you please come?'' 

........
Hey guys, please let me know what you think about this chapter. Please ignore any grammatical errors. Will try to update soon. Please vote and comment as it motivates me to continue writing this book.
Thank you 😊