Chapter 31 (I Love You !!!)

Priya's POV.....

Today is Vijay's friend's wedding reception. I got dressed in the saree Vijay gifted me and wore the jewellery he gave me along with it. I decided to style my hair differently today. When I finally finished getting ready I looked at the mirror. I looked different.

Vijay was sitting in the living room waiting for me. He was all dressed in a suit looking super hot!! When he saw me coming out of our room he stood up and started staring at me. After a few minutes I cleared my throat to get his attention. Suddenly he came out of his trance and said ''you look stunning baby'' and smiled a bit. I blushed hearing his compliment and said thank you. Somewhere in my heart I was feeling like my life's going to change today ...

 Somewhere in my heart I was feeling like my life's going to change today

Priya's outfits

"Shall we go?'' Vijay asked. ''Hmm'' I replied and we left. The car journey was quiet. To kill the silence I turned the car radio on and some romantic music started playing. Normally both of us would get uncomfortable listening to romantic songs but today we both didn't mind it.

It was 7 in the evening, so it was kinda getting Dark. After a 25 minutes drive we finally reached the destination. But it looked unusual .... it didn't look like a place where a wedding reception would take place. It was like a garden. Like a gentleman Vijay opened the door for me and held my hand and led me to the venue.

We walked through a small path which was fully decorated with lights as we walked further and we reached a small tent-like place fully covered by yellowish/gold lights. It was surrounded by a lake. The view was stunning!!

(The place was something in like this with more yellow/golden lights)

Priya- ''Vijay, why are we here? I thought you were taking me to your friend's reception''.

Vijay - ''Priya, actually I was lying''

Priya - (with a shocked expression)- ''What? Why?''

Vijay- "Actually Priya, I wanted to open up to you. I thought this would give a perfect ambience. And this place will give us a good privacy" he seemed nervous but continued speaking,
"So Priya, Six months ago, when I met you, I never thought you would become a major part of my life. When my parents brought your proposal, I tried my best not to marry you. I even told you to back off from this marriage as you know. But because of immense pressure from my family, I had to marry you. Only Sakshi was in my mind at that time. After getting married to you, I tried my best to avoid you and I've hurt you a lot. I know you have gone through a lot in the last 6 months and I am genuinely sorry for that.

"Oh My God. Is this it? Will Vijay say that he wants a divorce from me?' I thought. My mind was all over the place and I'm nervous but I listened to him when he continued.

"When I understood that you were starting to develop feelings for me I came up with the contract. I thought that making a contract will create a distance between us. Another reason why I created the contract was because at that time I couldn't imagine another girl in the place of Sakshi. I believed that if I move on in life, that I will be cheating on Sakshi with you.

After Sakshi died it took me a while to get out of the shock. I wasn't ready to adjust to a life without Sakshi and the thought of another girl replacing her place in my heart killed me. These were some of the reasons I didn't even try to make our marriage work.

It took me a while to realise that I can move on in my life with the beautiful memories of Sakshi. Accepting another person does not mean you are cheating on the person you loved before. It's just that you are accepting what happened and moving on along with the beautiful memories you've created along with them. Even Sakshi's final wish was for me to find love again. She requested me on her death bed, holding my hand and said that what she wants from me was for me to move on in life rather than spending all my life thinking about her. But I was unable to forget her. People around me had to knock some sense into me for me to eventually move on.

So Priya, coming to the point ...

I LOVE YOU !!!

Over the last 6 months I was slowly falling for you. It took me a while to realise it but now I've realised it. I want you in my life Priya. I want to start our marriage, all fresh and make New beautiful memories. You are slowly becoming my world and I'm enjoying your presence around me'' (Vijay's eyes was slightly moist after saying that.)

I couldn't believe what Vijay just said! I instantly broke down hearing these words from Vijay and started crying in his arms. After some time Vijay cupped my face and said ''Priya shall we start our life? Will you be my wife?''

As soon as those words came from Vijay's mouth I nodded and said YES and jumped in his arms and wrapped my hands around him.This time he held my face again and took out a small box from his trousers, opened it and took out a beautiful diamond ring. With his other hand he touched the thali (nuptial chain) he tied around my neck on our wedding day and said ''Priya, I know we're already married but we are actually going to start our married life from today. So just as a symbol of our love I want to put this ring on your finger''. After he said that, he slowly put the ring on my finger and gave me a gentle kiss on my cheeks and said ''Priya from today onwards we are actually going to live as husband and wife. I will be with you no matter what life throws at us and make love with you but only with your permission and treat you like my queen... Priya please don't leave me ever or Leave me Alone in this world.... I love you''.

When he finished saying that I gave him a kiss on his forehead and cupped his face and said ''Vijay I will never leave you alone and I will be with you no matter what... I love you Vijay'' I said . After I said that he picked me up and I put my hands around his neck and kissed him. He twirled me around. It was beautiful !!! I've never felt this happy in my life. Infact I wasn't even this happy on the day we actually got married. After putting me down we took a selfie. Our first selfie/ Picture as a happily married couple.

 Our first selfie/ Picture as a happily married couple

........
Guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter. So finally Vijay has realised his love for Priya. Please let me know know what you guys think of this chapter !! And vote it. Again guys thank you for all your constant support and motivations... you guys are motivated me so much to write this story !!!!

Will update the next chapter soon :))