Chapter 23

Priya's POV...........

"This is where I lost my Sakshi".

A tear rolled down his cheek and he continued, ''This is where my Sakshi died. She went to that ice cream shop over there and while crossing the road....'' he couldn't continue. He started crying. Today's the first time I've seen him this vulnerable. Not even when he was in the hospital when his arm was fractured.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and tried to console him, ''Vijay, You have to accept the reality. Sakshi died 3 years ago. We can't go back and change what happened three years ago. You really need to come out of the past and accept the present". Oh No!!! Oh my god. I regretted what I said the moment those words came out of my mouth.

''The present? Priya I don't know what your feelings for me is. But for me, we will be travelling in different paths after a few months. I brought you here today with me just for a company, so you'll get a better picture of what my life is like. I just want to clarify that Sakshi is my past, present and future. Nobody will ever replace it. Also Priya I am genuinely sorry for marrying you. I was under immense pressure from my family to marry you and I think I made myself clear when we first met''. After Vijay said this, he started driving ignoring me like I'm invisible.

I am clear off the things he told me and I know why he said it. But I felt so down and hurt after he said that. I didn't feel like speaking to him anymore.

Finally we reached Vijay's home. Appa greeted us and asked us how our day was. I smiled at him and said, ''it was alright appa, thank you'' and walked inside the house, trying to hide my pain. After greeting the rest of the family, I went to the room and had a cold shower and changed into a sweatpant and a top. Amma asked me if I wanted food. I said I wasn't hungry and went to bed pretending to be tired, so no one will question me. After some time, I saw Vijay coming inside the room. I pretended to be asleep. He went straight to shower and came back in his pyjama bottom and t-shirt. Finally, Vijay came out and laid on the other end of the bed.

Next morning I woke up around 6 am, did my daily routine and changed into a saree. I was trying to avoid Vijay today. Whenever I saw him walking towards me, I ran towards the other direction. When it was the afternoon, I went to the room as my phone was in there, I noticed Vijay working with his laptop. Trying to ignore him, I went to get my phone. As I was leaving the room, Vijay walked up to me and grabbed my hand and asked ''Priya I've been noticing how you're trying to avoid me. Why are you doing this?''

To that I replied ''Vijay, why do you care if I speak to you or not? However we'll be travelling in different paths after a few months once we get divorced. So why does it matter if I talk to you or ignore you. Vijay please leave me. I want to go now please, let go. He loosened the grip on my hand and I rushed out of the room.

Few days later

After that incident Vijay and I didn't speak much. He only speaks to me when he has to let me know something very important.

Today after all the morning routine, Adi (Vijay's younger brother) came up to me and asked me if he could speak something in private. I agreed to it and we went to the terrace to speak.

''Akka, I've noticed how you and Annan aren't speaking to each other after going out that day. So I asked Annan about it and after a lot of pestering he told me what happened and the events that happened between you both after marriage. Akka please give him some time. I'm sure that he will get over Sakshi and accept you. He already got some feelings for you. After I listened to him, I said ''Adi, for me this marriage proposal came when I was least expecting it. At the beginning, I didn't want a marriage. I had no feelings for Vijay. But gradually, I started to develop feelings for him. And all of a sudden, he came up with a contract. However, even though I tried to stop myself from developing these feelings for him, I fell more. Now, To be frank, I love him immensely. Even though I know he will never accept me and we will be parting ways in a few months. The other day, I accidentally told him to accept his present and leave his past (I agree in a way that meant to accept me), I know I shouldn't have told him that but what hurt me was what he said. So I decided that ignoring him is the best thing to do. It doesn't make him uncomfortable and it helps my broken heart too".

Adi spoke after a few seconds, "Priya Akka, I can't say I understand but I can imagine how it feels to have feelings for someone and they don't reciprocate it. The other day, during our conversation, he said that he feels like cheating on Sakshi Akka if he accepts you as his wife. So he does feel something for you. So please don't create distance between you and him. That will only make him distant again and wouldn't realise the feelings he has for you. Also Akka it was Sakshi Akka's last wish for him to move on in his life after her death''. 

To be continued ...

Hey hope you all liked this chapter. Please let me know what you guys think about it and vote this chapter. Also guys really sorry for the slow update .

Thank you