This Love Hate. Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

I stepped into the room as Mrs Nicholson told us to sit wherever we wanted, as she walked out of the room my stomache churned, I was left alone with George and Jaymi, some sort of detention this was. I took the seat next to the window, as far away as possible from them. Jaymi came and sat next to me, in which I inwardly sighed.

''You trying to avoid us?'' Jaymi chuckled light heartedly.

I sighed again, louder this time. ''No, sorry Jaymi.'' I may only speak to Jaymi once, maybe twice, but I didnt need one of George's friends hating me as much as he did too. Out of the corner of my eye I could see George giving me dirty looks as I looked away from Jaymi and onto my desk.

Jaymi smiled and continued his conversation with George, they'd moved onto the concept of a halloween party, my mind drifted off then to what it would be like to be as popular as them. They were allowed to go to parties because they'd been invited, all the girls dropped at their feet, hoping to be noticed. All the boys tried to be their friends, knowing they'd be well known round the school if they'd been seen with them. Irene often went to parties too, but I never got invited. Not like I'd know any of the popular people, and the one person I did know hated my guts.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by the sound of Jaymi's voice again. ''Hey, Rachel, why dont you come?''

''Come where?'' I asked, confused now.

''To the Halloween party tomorrow night. It'll be a right laugh'' He questioned. My head was fizzing with thoughts as I got my head round the question. Jaymi had just asked me to a party?

I then heard George hiss ''What are you doing? Inviting her for?'' Which to Jaymi replied with ''Well, she never seems to get invited to any parties, she seems like a nice girl. Its our last year, we might aswell come out knowing people and wishing them a good future eh?''

A tiny smile crept onto my face as I listened to Jaymi's reply. I didnt understand how George was friends with a good-hearted guy when he was so mean and spiteful. I wanted to go. Of course I did. But I couldnt. George wouldnt be atall happy, and Irene would kill me if I didnt get her any invite.

''I'd love to but...'' I cleared my throat and continued ''I dont really want to push anything on you, I mean, I dont really know you that well do I Jaymi? And, well, people would think Im gatecrashing or something.. If I turn up and I dont know anyone..''

Jaymi raised his eyebrows. ''Dont be silly Rachel! You wont be pushing anything on me! I invited you. And we can get to know each other... Like people do? Dont they. And as for not knowing anyone, heres two invites, bring a friend. Oh and its fancy dress. Ok?''

I was about to reply when Mrs Nicholson came back in, indicating our 15 minutes were up.

''So you'll come then yeah?'' Jaymi questioned once again as I nodded timidly. ''Great! See you tomorrow then.'' He spoke as he dashed off, obviously having somewhere to be. I noticed George hung back with me until Jaymi had vanished round the corner.

''Well.. You've agreed now havent you Rank Rachie? So I guess you'll have to come.. But stay away from my friends. Ok. And dont worry, this WILL be the last invite you get to a party off Jaymi. Trust me. Ta ta. See you tomorrow'' George smirked as he walked off.

I waited for a while until I knew George wouldnt be on school grounds, and made my way home. Deciding to phone Irene to let her know about the halloween party which was happening tomorrow.

''Hey Rach! How was detention with George? I hope he wasnt too mean...'' Irene spoke down the phone.

''Wasnt as bad as expected. Listen, are you free tomorrow night?'' I asked

''Yup. Why?''

''We've been invited to a halloween party. The both of us.. Wanna come?'' I asked, rolling my eyes as she squealed. Irene loved any party she could get invited to.

''Yes! Great. Who invited you? Well, us? And is it fancy dress?'' She burbled down the phone.

''Jaymi, George's friend. And, yeah. So, I'll text you later, but the party starts at 8:30 so I'll get a lift to yours, then your mum wont mind dropping us off to the house will she?''

''No she wont mind! How lovely of him to invite us. I'll bring some drinks with us, Malibu and lemonade of course!'' She giggled ''Ok. See you tomorrow! Partayyyyyy!''

I clicked the red call off button and smiled to myself, my best friend was sure crazy.

I had already began to worry about my outfit, I knew George would look.....

And most likely make a sarcastic comment.

I sighed and put my earphones in, ready for the rest of the walk home.

Hope you liked this chapter, I'm sorry nothing much happened but trust me, stuff will happen in Chapter 4. Irene, sorry you werent included much but you will be in the next Chapter :) Feedback is apperciated as always, thank you for the 110 reads on this! Good to know people are actually reading. x