This Love Hate. Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

George's POV.

After having a great night watching films and eating pizza, and reminising with Rachel, I couldn't get her out of my mind, all my thoughts were clouded with her. Her eyes, her smile, her laugh, when she rolled her eyes often. I was in a frenzy over her, last night really opened my eyes to how much I enjoyed her company, she was everything I'd ever dreamed of in a girl. I couldn't believe I'd treated her so badly, but that was all in the past. I just wanted to tell her how I felt, to let out my feelings.

I wondered if Rachel was ever insecure, she probably would be, every girl was. I only remembered a couple of times when Rachel had openly admitted her insecurities to me. I remember just before we broke apart, in Year 9, when she told me, enlightened me on how she felt.

As I walked round the corner, I saw Rachel hunched over, head in her arms, she looked upset and I slowly walked towards her, sitting beside her.

''Whats wrong Rach?'' I asked as she lifted her head, masacra slightly smudged, showing me that she'd clearly been crying.

''Nothing'' She spoke quietly.

I continued to look at her, to wait until she'd tell me, I didnt like seeing my best friend upset, it hurt.

''We've been drifting apart lately.... And I'm scared, George'' She then continued ''You speak to so many other girls now George, they really like you, they're so pretty, so flawless. I'm so different, I'm ugly George. I just wish I was more like them, they say stuff, did you know that? About how I shouldnt be your friend, I'm not pretty enough, not good enough. It hurts so much'' As she spoke a tear slowly fell down her cheek, I reached my hand out and wiped the tear, as I held her close, I couldnt believe girls would say that about her, Rachel was really pretty, and a better friend than they'd ever be.

''Dont be scared, we'll be friends forever, Rachel, ignore them. They're stupid, pathetic even. Your so pretty. Dont speak about yourself like that. I love you Rachie, your my best friend''

She lifted her head and smiled as we hugged. I knew we'd never part, we'd always be close. George and Rachel, the best friends, forever.

Looking back, I couldnt believe she looked at herself like that, she was far from ugly, so perfect, so beautiful, and her personality was so unique, there was no one like her. I needed to tell her, I couldnt keep this in anymore, I texted her asking her to meet me, in the gardens, so I could speak to her in person, at that moment, I didnt even care, I couldnt hold it anymore.

As I walked to the gardens, my heart was racing about what I was going to do, to finally express my feelings to the girl I loved. She looked gorgeous, she always did, as I walked towards her, she had a questioning look on her face as she asked me why I'd asked her to meet me.

I felt a lump form in my throat as I swallowed it harshly. ''I need to tell you something, I've been holding in for so long'' She looked at me as she urged me to go on, as the 6 words that could change everything left my mouth.

''I think I love you Rachel''

I hope you like it, just an insider on how George really felt, and I let you on a cliffhanger! MUAHAHHAHAHA! I think this story will be finished soon, and I just want to thank everyone whos commented, voted and read. Over 1,000 people have! And it means so much, so thank you :) x