one.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

Moving to a whole new town in the middle of the year wasn't the most ideal thing for Esme Bennett. She didn't mind her old town back in California, she actually really liked it. And then one of her Dads all of a sudden gets a higher paid job offering and her life seems to stop. She hated that she had to go, ignoring him the whole ride there.

"Cmon Esme, you've gotta talk to me soon." Dan tried to reason with his daughter in the backseat of the small mini cooper.

"Give her time Dan, this is the first time we've moved." Scott, Esmes other dad tired to reason.

"I know you miss California Es, but this place may be fun. Maybe you'll meet new people here." Scott tried to say with a smile as they pulled up into a smaller house.

"Yeah, i'm sure everyone will want to be just the bestest of friends with the new girl that had two different color eyes." she said sarcastically while getting out the car.

Esme was boring with heterochromia, it's where she had two different color eyes. And usually people that have the rare conditions only have a slightest of different, one that you could only see in the sun or if you were close. But not Esme, hers was far from slight. One of her eyes was a nice brown color, like the honey shed put on her toast every morning. And the other one was the brightest shade of blue many have ever seen, she didn't even hate it so much anymore. She'd gotten use to people asking her if it was fake or glass, but she didn't mind because she had friends that didn't give a shit that she was different. And then she moved... and all her years and years of confidence was flushed away.

"Honey, honey! Where are you going?" Scott asked as him and his husband got out of the car.

"Anywhere but here." she said back, feeling slightly bad for the tone she took with them, but kept walking anyways. After a few blocks, she came across a diner, it seemed a bit retro yet very dull. With a sigh, she pushed the doors open, jumping slightly at the bell above her.

There wasn't many people, no one Esmes age that was. She took a seat at the bar, peaking behind her and accidentally making eye contact with a redhead. She had short red hair, and piercing blue eyes. Esme thought she was pretty, she'd give that one to her for sure. She seemed a bit annoyed though, much like Esme was herself. Quickly looking away the brown haired girl started to feel insecure about being in public, seeing as how a few of the workers behind the bar were looking at her.

"What can I get you?" a tall man asked as he walked up to her, he took a double take when he saw her eye. It made her sigh and shrug, knowing this was how it would be for quite some time.

"Just a blueberry shake please." she said kindly as he sucked in a breath.

"Sorry miss, we don't have blueberry." he said as she gave a look of disbelief.

"Okay how about strawberry?" she asked as he nodded and wrote it down before walking off.

"Sorry." a curly haired girl smiled as she walk to the spot next to Esme with a few dollars in her hand.

"Can I just get a hamburger please?" she asked the worker as he nodded and took the money from her. Esme felt awkward with them sitting next to each other, she was god awfully pretty and it took Esme everything she had not to say it.