four.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

"I'm just saying, if it's just you and a zombie. Only two people left, you're have sex with them right?" Esme asked as the newly formed trio walked through the grocery store.

"No, no not at all." Syd laughed as Esme gave her a crazy look.

"Are you insane, Syd? Why not?" she asked with wide eyes, throwing her hands up.

"Because that's fucking disgusting." Syd said through her laughs as Esme rolled her eyes jokingly.

"Stan? Tell me gorgeous, you'd have sex with a zombie, right?" she asked as he sat there for a moment, thinking deeply.

"You say they're the only ones left?" he asked as she nodded her head.

"Are they trying to eat me?" he questioned as Esme and Syd laughed as well.

"Course not, they're trying to love you." Esme said as she drug out her words, poking at his sides as she spun in a circle around him.

"Then for sure." he announced with a nod, getting a sarcastic scoff from Syd.

"Yes! That's what i'm talking about!" Esme said loudly as she high fived him, getting a shh from Syd.

"Hey ma'am, if I pay you extra you wanna let me and my friends buy a case of beer?" Esme whispered to the check out as the woman gave her a look.

"Does it looks like i'm trying to be charged for giving three minors alcohol?" she asked her as a look of annoyance.

"No, but it does look like you could use the extra cash." Esme said, getting a look of disbelief as Stan quickly grabbed her shoulders to push her behind him.

"Okay ignore the human, she didn't mean that. You're lovely, she's sorry." he quickly said, trying to save their asses completely as the woman gave a odd look before checking out Syds groceries.

"Okay it's gonna be sixty seven, ninety nine." the woman said as Syds face fell.

"Ugh, could you ring it up again? I think you over charged me." the shorter girl said as her face flushed deeply, avoiding eye contact with her two new friends.

"Which items, hun?" the woman before them asked as Syd cleared her throat.

"All of them." Syd said as the woman faked a smile back to her.

"Yeah it's gonna be the same. Are you gonna pay or what?" the lady asked as Esme glared.

"Back off lady." she said while Stan gave her her another look, stepping to stand infront of her quickly.

"Do you need me to spot you?" Stan questioned Syd as she now became annoyed and embarrassed all at once.

"No Stan, i'll just put it all back it's fine." Syd said as she began to grab things and walk away. Esme frowned as she went to go after her, being pulled back as Stan threw a quick arm around her.

"Stanley Barber, nice to meet you." he said to the woman who shook his hand quickly as her gaze went to Esme.

"Esme Bennett, my fiancé." he said making Esme snort slightly before the two heard a crash from the directed Syd walked off too. The two teens shared a look before walking in the directed, seeing two isles worth of snacks crashed on the floor with Syd standing at the end of it.

"Woah, who hulk smashed this place?" Esme said as she looked around for any other suspect.

"Syd?" Stan asked as he stared at the redhead girl, who quickly hurried off.

"We should probably go after her." Esme said as she held her hand out, Stan taking it quickly as the two walked outside the store and found their missing friend on a small ledge in a near alley way.

"Hello darling." Esme announced, letting go of Stans hand and jumping up to sit by Syds side as Stanley did the same on her other side.

"Panic attacks, huh? My ugh, my Mom use to get those. I mean she still does but, I- I mean it sucks that you get them." Stan spoke to Syd awkwardly, like he didn't know what to say while Esme threw a arm around her.

"Fuck panic attacks." Esme spoke as Stan nodded along before Syd sat up quickly and looked to her left and then to her right.

"Why are you guys still talking to me?" she asked with a odd look as Esme hummed and shrug.

"Because you guys are the only ones that will listen." Esme said, her tone serious again as Syd gave her a half smile before turning to Stan for his answer.

"Because everyone else in this town is boring." he said with a half grin, showing off the one dimple in his cheek. Syd couldn't help but smile at the two, watching as Stan pulled a small square object from his jacket pocket and pulling out a single blunt.

"I've never smoked before." Syd said suddenly while Stan gave a wide eyed nod.

"Do you wanna try?" he questioned as she nodded before he looked past her to the girl in blue.

"Esme?" he questioned as she looked his way with frowned eyes brows.

"Yeah?" she asked, confusing them both.

"You didn't hear what we said?" Syd asked her as Esme crackled a smile.

"No, you guys were talking?" she asked as Stan frowned his eyebrows and nodded.

"Do you wanna smoke a little?" he asked while holding it up as she blinked with a single nod.

"Alright, you're up our beloved Esme." Stan joked after him and Syd both took a inhale. Esme slowly took it, carful not to drop the small thing before bringing it to her lips. The slight burn made her scrunched her face before passing it back to Syd, flashing two thumbs up to Stan.

The trio sat there for a moment, letting the drug hit them slowly. All three of their heads fell back onto the wall behind them, gazing at each other every few seconds.

"You good back there?" Syd asked as she looked over the car seat a few minutes later. She would check in with Esme every few seconds, finding it odd how quiet and still she was.

"I'm good back here." she said while gazing out the window, counting each flower they would pass.

"Hey, do you wanna go to the football game?" Stan asked with a laugh as he continued to drive down the road.

"Wooo, go team." Esme said with a giggle from the backseat, getting Stan and Syd to chuckle at her slightly.

"Absolutely not." Syd said with a grin, but somehow they ended up there anyway.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

am i started to smell some romance? yes.