sixteen.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

"I told you I didn't know how to slow dance." Stan admitted as the two tried to sway back and forth, Stan bumping into her or stepping on her feet every few seconds.

"Okay, shoes off." Esme explained as he gave her a odd look.

"What?" Stan questioned in confusion.

"Shoes off, remember what you said? Shoes, who needs them?" she quoted him as he laughed before pulling the two dress shoes off his feet.

"Okay, now step on my feet." she explained as his eyes widened.

"Esme, no." he explained with her another crazy look.

"Stanley, yes. It's cool, my feet are strong." she explained a she sighed and slowly stood on her much smaller feet.

"See, so much easier." Esme explained, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and stepping in a slow circle as if the two were slow dancing.

"I look like a idiot." he explained while looking down at her.

"A extremely cute idiot, i'd consider dating you if I knew a zombie couldn't sweep me off my feet one day." Esme explained as Stan looked down at her with a grin.

"Dating? Me and you?" he asked as she shrugged with a grin.

"Okay, okay sure." he explained as she laughed and leaned upwards some as their lips connected quickly.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen. If I may have your attention, please stop talking and look up here. It is my privilege to announce your king and queen, Jeff Buters and Julie Ferjetsky!" Mr.File announced into the speaker as everyone began to clap for them, Esme having no clue who they were talking about.

"Where do I began? I wanna thank my Mom-" Jeff began his speech before Brad suddenly ran onto the stage, yanking the mic away.

"Listen up! Give me a second! Give me a second!" Brad explained loudly into the mic as he pushed their teacher away with a arm.

"What's he doing?" Stan asked Esme, her not answering as she looked up at Brad on the stage with wondering eyes.

"I'd like the take this moment to talk about something very important that effect everyone here. Sydney Novak, hey Sydney! Raise your hand! Give a wave so everyone can see you!" Brad said as everyone began to turn and whisper about Syd. Esme pushes through the crowd, standing at the end of the stage with wide eyes.

"Brad, Bradley. What are you doing? Remember what I said, be the good." she explained while look up at him. Brad hesitated to speak again, looking down at her with multiple blinks.

"I'm really sorry, Esme." he explained, turning the mic away and focusing on her until he drew his eyes away to look up at the crowd again as he pulled the mic back to his mouth.

"You see, what alot of people don't know about Sydney here is that she's one hell of a writer." Brad explained as he pulled the cat covered diary out of his jacket pocket before jumping off the stage.

"You know, it's funny because everyone is so fast to call me a asshole. But while I was downstairs banging Jenny at Rickeys, guess what Sydney was doing up stairs? She was kissing my girlfriend!" Brad explained as Esme jumped forward, grabbing his jacket sleeve.

"Brad, come on." she explained, Brad ignored her and shrugged the jacket off his shoulders, leaving it with her instead of bothering to yank himself out of her grasp.

"Now don't get me wrong, chicks get drunk and make out sometimes and i'm all for it but being a full on dyke, that's a whole other ballgame. I mean, Syd is fucking in love with Dina. Page after page is absolutely pathetic!"Brad spoke into the mic, getting close to Syd. Esme gripped the letter man jacket in her hands, not knowing what was to come.

"Oh shut up, Brad!" Dina glared at him, quick to take Syds side.

"And my god, don't even get me started with the daddy issues on this one. Everyone in her life thinks she is a piece of shit! I mean everyone." Brad spoke with a laugh as a shade of blue suddenly ran out.

"Hey man leave her alone!" Stan yelled, charging for Brad as the taller boy turned and knocked Stan out with a single punch. Esme gasped as she ran to his side, leaning down to try and shake him. The letter man jacket resting over her shoulder as she watched Brads movement toward Syd while also trying to wake up Stan.

"That isn't even the weird think about Sydney Novak. Get this Sydney claims that she has-" Brad began loudly into the mic, and then Esmes heart nearly stopped completely. Her mouth fell open as her eyes watered almost instantly, Brads head being blown off as his blood splattered everywhere.

Esme felt the warm liquid coat her body, but her mind was far from that. She watched his now headless body fall to the ground, on que with her tears.

"Brad! Bradley!" Esme yelled out, knowing he was far gone but not being able to stop herself from the shock she was in. Esme looked up at Syd with a look of horror in her eyes, a sob leaving her lips as Syd quickly ran off. Esme knew it was her, she was nearly positive it was her. Esme could only stare at Brads lifeless and gushing blood body, the voices around her nothing but echos was her cries filled her eyes.

Brad, a jerk that she cared about oddly to much was gone. No way would she be able to bring out the soft side she knew he had deep down inside. Esme gasped and thrashed away from the figure that had grabbed onto her shoulder. Esme realized it was Stan as he woke up from the recent knock out.

"Are-are you o-o-okay?" Esme sobbed as she grabbing onto his shoulders.

"What happened- what are you-" Stan began, cutting himself as he saw Brads dead and bleeding body while Esme gripped the maroon jacket in her hands as if it would run away from her if she let go. Stan quickly caught on, grabbing Esmes face to pull her away from watching the scene as he noticed Syds diary being kicked around and the students rushed out of the school.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

shoot i'm crying! Esme crying over Brad, having his letterman jacket now forever, admiring that she cares about him, and being covered in his blood hits hard.

Season two please come faster so i can write about Esme again, i'm gonna miss her so much!

thank you all for reading this book, i had no clue it would do so well. i appreciate all the love and support i've gotten from this, it means so much. I love you all! Live on esmes legacy until next year:)