two.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

While Esme sat in her bed, peanut butter popcorn in her lap as she watched yet another episode of Love Lucy, she felt her phone go off. Quickly pausing the show before she grabbed her phone from the night stand and saw a link text from Stan.

Stanley Barber: A song I think you would enjoy.

Esme couldn't help but laugh slightly, hurrying to turn off her tv and put the ear buds in her ears. She laid back on the bed, her eyes shutting as the music blared through her ears. She did enjoy it actually, a little too much. The song was on repeat the whole night, she even fell asleep to it.

"Good morning." Esme smiled the next morning as she pressed a kiss to each of her Dads cheeks, pouring herself a glass of OJ.

"Woah, someone's in a good mood." Dan laughed as Esme shrugged with a grin.

"Something happen we don't know about?" Scott asked her as he set his coffee down. Esme looked between her two dads before laughing loudly.

"You two are hilarious, really. I'll see you after school, can't be late for my first day." Esme said while quickly heading out of the house, leaving Dan and Scott to look at each other oddly.

"Teenagers." the both mumbled while going back to messing with the radio and reading the news paper.

While Esme walked down the road, the same song from last night blasting in one of her ears and put a bit more of a peppy in her step. Sure, she was beyond nervous and scared for her very first day at a new school but what would being nervous do about it? Absolutely nothing, and she knew that completely. Hearing a honk from behind her, she saw a small, yellowish looking car pull up next to her, the passenger seat window already down.

"Hey." Stanley said, dragging out the y and giving her a cheeky grin.

"Hey back, this song is seriously a killer. I mean, i've been listening to it all night and I even went to sleep listening to it, which might be dangerous because of the cords and all ,but that's not the point. What i'm saying is- woah that's such a cool radio." Esme said quickly, Stan barely catching onto anything she said.

"Yeah? Yeah, yup. You can come closer, like I can drive you." he offered as she grinned widely and swung the squeaky door open.

"So vintage in here. You like my jeans, they're cuffed." she said while holding her legs up as he took the car out of park.

"Love them." he nodded along as Esme began to ramble on about something else he barely caught on to. After a while Stanley figured out she had ADHD pretty intensely, explaining her sudden mood swings and the intense hyper high she was currently having. He didn't mind, not at all actually. He found it some what comforting actually, knowing she would talk when he talked first, unlike a lot of others did.

"Oh look! There's Sydney! Sydney, hello darling!" Esme said with a grin as she hung out the passengers window to wave at the girl.

"Hi Esme, hello Stan." she said awkwardly while the curly haired boy began to roll down the window, watching as it went obnoxiously slow.

"Hey." Stanley said, the same way he did to Esme after he finally got the window rolled down at least half way.

"Hey." Syd said back with a odd look.

"You going to school?" he asked her as Syd once again gave another odd look.

"Yeah." she nodded along as he grinned and nodded.

"Yup, yeah me too. Just driving Esme, it's her first day." he said as the two gave each other awkward looks, trying to hint at Sydney to get in the car.

"Get in the damn car, Syd!" Esme said with a wide grin, leaning over Stan as his breathing hitched.

"Okay, okay i'm getting in." Syd said as she climbed in the back, Stan gave Esme a flushed face grin before driving off.

"Look at this town. Look at this small, boring little town. How are we supposed to have fun? How are we supposed to know what the outside world looks like? This isn't what it seems like, no way this is just like 0.01 half percent of what it looks like." Esme began to go on in a fast tone as she looked out the window, watching as her new town passed her eyes quickly.

"Sure it's nothing compared to California." Syd said from the backseat as Esme shook her head softly.

"No, it's not." she said, her hyper mood draining down.

"But hey, maybe i'll take you guys one day." she offered as Syd send her a grin while Stan nodded quickly, the silence of the car falling once more. The only sound heard was the threes breathing and Esme messing with Stans radio.

"So, can you believe people are already asking people to homecoming?" Stan spoke up with a awkward laugh.

"There's a homecoming?" Esme asked as she fell back in her seat.

"It's so stupid, it's so far away." Syd said from the backseat as Esme nodded her head.

"Far away, okay." she said quietly, as if she was focusing on trying to memorize it.

"Yeah totally, super far. Like a whole week." Stan said as they nodded along.

"Imagine what could happen in a week." Esme spoke up again, the tone in her voice telling them this was gonna be one of her long talks.

"Here we go again." Syd mumbled as Esme adjusted her her seat to look at both of them.

"No, really. What could happen in a week? There could be a apocalypse, a zombie outbreak. I mean hello, we're in the safest car in all of Pennsylvania so we'll be fine but do we really wanna watch all of loved classmates being eaten brutally infront of us? Sure thing! I hope there's a apocalypse, I sure do. I hope zombies just attack and it's just the three of us, plus our families of course, and we'd just sit back and watch it happen." Esme went on, her voice moving nearly as fast as the wind. But neither of them minded, they found it oddly cute in a way.

"I dig your mind Esme, I dig it." Syd said from the backseat as Esme smiled and looked to the road once more.

Esme always had ADHD, much like she'd always had heterochromia. It's what got her in the adopted center in the first place, she was just to much of a hyper kid they'd all say. She couldn't be controlled, her moods are to up and down, she needs medication. But Esme tried medicine, she despised it more than anything. And then she found her Dads, they liked how they never knew what side of her they'd get. And she knew something was kinda wack about her deep down, but in what world would someone as stubborn and absent minded as Esme Bennett admit to it?

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

i love one (1) adhd baby girl with two different colored eyes and radiated bi energy with cuffed jeans and a love for stanley barber.