seven.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

"Woah, you look great. I dig the blue." Esme said as she jumped into Stans car that night.

"Yeah you too, I mean I was kinda expecting you to show up in a whole fruit tray but hey this works too." he joked while getting a punch in the shoulder as she drove off quickly.

"Why do you seem nervous?" he asked her as they go out of the car once they arrived.

"I've never been to a party." she admits as his eyebrows lifted.

"Seriously?" he questioned as she nodded her head.

"Oh our dearest Esme, so much for you to learn." he said while throwing a arm around her and leading her inside where they looked around for anyone they knew.

"Stan! Esme!" Dina called out from the couch as she sat with Syd. Esmes face lit up as she saw the girl, not seeing her since the diner.

"First Lady Dina, how are you on this fine night?" Esme grinned as she fell next to her.

"First Lady Dina? I think I can work with that." Dina laughed while the two grinned as Stan sat next to Syd.

"So, Stan." Dina said as he smiled, showing off the dimple in his cheek making Esme grin.

"Yeah?" he asked with a laugh while looking her way.

"I just feel like you and I have never really talked." Dina explained while Esme took the time to looked around, trying not to zone out.

"I-I guess not." he said confused with a small laugh as Dina gave a wide eyed look.

"So you and Syd, are like, neighbors. Like close neighbors right?" Dina asked as Esme began to feel a bit left out, sitting up some to look past Dina, who was taller than her.

"Ugh I mean we're like a few blocks away from each other so i'd say we're moderately close." Stan explained with a akward tone of voice as Dina hummed with a nod.

"Sounds pretty close to me." Dina laughed as she fell back into Esme making the ashy brunette catch her quickly.

"Just ignore her okay?" Syd asked as they began to catch on what Dina was drunkingly talking about. Esme looked to Syd with a odd look only getting a quick head shake in return, making Esme frowned but nod.

If she was being honest here, Esme felt a little hurt that Syd only mentioned that she had sex with Stanley to Dina. Not that she was jealous or wanted more attention but because in a way it made her feel as if Syd was ashamed of her. And Esme understood, she understood that Syd probably didn't wanna mention Esme being mention because she was a girl and in some eye that may appear too different... but it still in a odd and deep down way hurt her a little bit.

"Holy shit that's Jenny Tuffield." Dina said as she saw a girl a few feet away from them pouring alcohol into drinks.

"She's kinda hot." Esme explained as Syd snorted slightly at her words.

"Didn't her Mom just send her to rehab?" Stan asked as Dina nodded.

"Yeah, but I guess because she's here it totally worked and she's all better now?" Dina asked as they watched the girl down a shot, making Esme laugh and fall back into the couch.

"Oh my god I love this song, we have to go dance to this like right now." Dina said as she pulled Syd up and toward the dance floor with her. Esme peaked to Stan in the corner of her eye as he quickly scooted closer to her as she grinned.

"How's the first party thing going for you?" he asked as Esme pretended to thing.

"I wouldn't say it's my scene but I don't hate it completely." she said as he laughed before she stood up.

"I'll be back, I have to pee." she announced as he nodded and stood as well.

"Meet me in the front when you're done, maybe we can find somewhere more your scene." he said as he gave her shoulder a small touch before walking off, leaving Esme to grin and head to find the bathroom. She collided with someone much taller then her as she gasped slightly.

"I'm so sorry." she said quickly, looking up and realizing she knew the face.

Bradley Lewis.

"It's cool, just watch were you're going next time." he said down at her, giving a half grin while moving past her.

"Will do Danny Zuko." she said sarcastically while sending a salut sight, Brad gave a odd look as he turned back to her.

"It's Bradley actually, I kinda sit infront of you in English. Remember, I asked you if you had a glass eye." he said, genuinely confused.

"No, dude have you not seen Greese?" she asked while turning comply to stand infront of him again.

"Greese? Like.." he trailed off, amazing her as she laugh slightly.

"Like the movie. It's seriously top three, i'd recommend ten out of ten." Esme said as he nodded with a thinking look.

"I'll have to look into it, see you Esme." he said, doing the same salute she did and walking into the party where she could hear them all cheering for him.

After Esme finished her bathroom break she went out front were Stan told her too, meeting him infront of his car.

"We're leaving? Did you tell Syd?" she asked as he shook his head.

"We're not leaving, come on." he said while holding a hand out to her which she took quickly and followed him into the woods.

"You know this is usual how all horror movies go. You'll take me in the woods, start making out, and then either you or some rando will jump out and try to murder us, which they'd definitely succeed at. Is this worth being murder, Stanley? Is it worth it?" Esme asked as he simple laugh and led her to a small opening just along a small creek, the dock not to far out into the water.

"Woah, this is so rad." Esme said as she looked at the scenery.

"You said you've been looking for secret hid outs, i'm not too sure how many people know about this one but.." Stan trailed off as Esme smiled up at him, dragging him to sit at the edge of the dock with her.

"This is so pretty I almost forgot about to mosquitos." Esme said as she looked around at the water that was only lit from the lights from the house.

"Mosquitos are a bitch." he said as she nodded and bumped his shoulder some.

"When it gets hotter we should jump in and see if we get a parasite that obviously later down the road turns us into zombies." Esme said as she leaned back on her hands and looked up at the dark sky, counting the little to no stars.

"I'll bet money we definitely turn into zombies." he said as she nodded and watched as he fumbled with his hands and stumbled over his words a little.

"Um, so you've heard about the homecoming thing right?" he asked as she nodded her head and sat up again.

"Great, great, me too obviously. Are you planning on going or.." he trailed off as Esme shrugged.

"I may, why do you ask?" she asked while crossing her legs and turning her head to face him as he chuckled out of nervousness.

"Well I mean- I mean if you may go, and I may go, then we may just- no we should just go together." he said while giving her a questionable look and raising his eyebrows. Esme laughed as his face fell making her panic.

"No, no no, I mean yes, yes i'll go with you but no i'm not laughing because of that. You may or may not be the most awkwardness yet cutest human I know, Stanley Barber." she said as his face lit up in a grin again before giving her a knowing look.

"Here's the thing, i'm not a human. Zombies, remember?" he asked her with a dramatic look as she laughed and shoved his shoulder some, scooting closer and continuing to look out at the creek.

And then they felt the first rain drop hit.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

stesme being the softest duo i've ever seen part 362727