ten.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

"Focus, Syd. I want you to knock down those pins with your mind."

"Okay, knock em over."

"I want you to make the kernels pop, okay?"

After multiple things to try and get Syds powers to work, they end up giving up, slumped on either side of the bowling ball retriever. Esme was leaned against Stans shoulder as he leaned onto her slightly while Syd sat on the other side.

"Syd?" Esme asked as the girl on the other side hummed.

"Do you think you were just super high? I heard that sometimes people get like insane abilities when they're high but it only last sometimes. Do you think it's that?" Esme questioned as she sat up from Stans shoulder to peak over the retriever.

"I wish, Es." she sighed as Esme nodded, despite that Syd couldn't see her.

"Okay, how does it usually happen? Like after Rickys party, what was your mind set?" Stan asked while staying looking the other way.

"I didn't have a mind set." Sydney said as Stan huffed.

"Okay but were you just having fun and then just blew down some trees or-" Stan trialed off as it was silent for a minute.

"You don't have to tell us, but you seemed pretty upset." Esme commented as she heard Syd take a deep breath from the other side.

"I kinda ugh.... kissed someone at the party." Syd said as it was silent again, no one knowing what to feel or to say. Esme cleared her throat after the silence before speaking up.

"Alright, this person you kissed... and i'm not gonna ask who because i'm no way does it really matter to me or Stan but..." Esme trialed off, nudging Stan as he crackled a side smile.

"Do they dress cooler than me?" he asked as Esme let a small chuckle escape her lips slightly while she avoided any eye contact, the atmosphere still odd and a bit blue.

"No one can dress cooler than you Stan." Syd said, Esme could almost hear the smile in her voice.

"Well what about me? Did they know more about zombies?" Esme questioned as this time, she could actually hear the small giggle from Syd.

"No way, you're the only zombie lover I know." Syd answered as Esme nodded with a small smile down at her hands as she began to pull and put back on her rings.

"I actually... kissed someone who didn't want to be kissed. I felt like a idiot, it almost always comes out when i'm angry or embarrassed or scared." Syd explained from the other side while also messing with her hands.

"Okay, cmon." Stan said as he held out a hand to Esme, helping her up before doing the same to Syd. Esme watched as he took a few steps away while she quickly went to sit on the chairs.

"I think I know why they didn't kiss you back. Because you are incredibly ugly, repulsive even and i'm not even counting the zits." Stan explained as Esme gasped from the seat she was in.

"Stanley! She is not!" Esme yelled at him, simply being waved off.

"Yeah I see what you're doing Stan." Syd laughed, realizing he was just trying to get a reaction from her.

"And you wanna know something that's even more embarrassing than ugly? Flunking biology, which you are most definitely gonna do. I mean Martin Ganza passed biology and he thinks cyborgs staged the moon landing." Stan pointed out to Syd who continued to smile, showing she was not being affect by it. But Esme was, it hurt her feelings to hear him say that. She was failing biology by a lot, but it wasn't her fault. She couldn't focus one bit, and that's on her ADHD not being taken care of probably... not her. So she looked down at her hands, toying with them again and trying to tell herself this was only to help Syds powers come out.