Chapter 6 - Fake Names Are A Girls Best Friend

Chapter 6
Fake Names Are A Girls Best Friend

"Andra? Where are your glasses? What happened to you?" My sister asks me when school ends. Somehow she always knows what's wrong with me. It's like a sister instinct, it goes both ways.

We're at my locker. I insisted that she should just wait outside in her car but she wanted to come in. She wanted to see the school. Izzy has seen a lot of the town and knows how to get around already but she's never been in this school before. Now I'm pretty sure she's expecting a tour from me.

To be honest, I don't want to stay here any longer then I have too. I'm afraid that Dylan might pop up and try to apologize on behalf of his friends. Or that I might see Casey and her minions again.

I put my backpack on my shoulder. 'Someone stepped on them. And this school is cursed.'
I head for the main doors as Izzy follows me. "Should we get your back ups at home?"

'No, It's fine. Can I just wear yours?'

"Yeah. Mine are in the car."

'Thanks.'

"Wow. Their gym is huge!" Izzy suddenly says.
I turn around. She's gazing at the gymnasium. I can admit that their gym is pretty big for a small town. They have like ten basketball nets.
I watch her for awhile and sigh.

I'm a shitty tour guide. 'Do you want to see the cafeteria?'

"Would I!?" She phrases her question like I shouldn't even ask. Nonetheless, I take her downstairs. Then I take her to the art room and then the auditorium and everywhere else that isn't upstairs. I have no idea if Jordan and his gang are still up there but judging by the fact that I haven't run into any of them down here, I think they are.

'Can we go now? I can't even see your face, Izzy.'

She realizes that I'm not having any fun right now. "Yeah of course, sorry. We'll talk in the car."

We finally get out of the school. My senses have kicked in. Not seeing anything makes me feel vulnerable so I rely on my other senses. Hearing, touch, smell, taste. They help me walk to the car without falling. They also help me locate a familiar voice. Or multiple voices. I hear Dylan, his brother and the rest of the gang laughing. A bunch of seniors and sophomores crowd him and Jordan along with Casey.
I couldn't really tell if Dylan or Jordan we're actually having a good time or just faking it. I could only hear their voices.

"Hey, isn't that Dylan?" Izzy asks.

I hadn't realized I was staring at them until Izzy mentioned him. Somehow Dylan magically heard his name and turns to look at us. His body tenses and he snaps in attention. His friends look towards me too.

"Let's go say hi." Izzy starts to move but I grab a hold of her and turn us around, facing away from Dylan.

'Please don't, Izzy. Can we talk to them later? Please? I just want to get in the car. Can you show me where it is?'

Izzy studies the pleading look in my eyes and nods while grabbing me on the arm to lead me to the car. Neither of us look behind us to see if Dylan's friends are still staring. She opens the door for me and I get in.

Ten seconds later Izzy gets in the car too. Ten more seconds later and I have her glasses on. Then after ten minutes we're at the library and I've already summarized why I didn't want to talk to Dylan. An hour later and we're still talking about them.

"I don't like that Casey girl. Or Jordan." She sighs as she leans on the counter of where I'm organizing books. "And I thought Dylan was one of the good guys. He looks like a superhero, that's for sure."