01

Almost four years had passed since I woke up from being comatose for almost two years. My body was so weak so I had to do treatment during the first 6-9 months to bring my strength back. I barely remember anyone and forgot most of the things. I started back to zero with my life for almost two years.

I know for sure that I'm Forlorn Mikael Eilish, but the thing is, that lady who keeps flashing into my mind... I don't know her. No one knew who she was.

I asked my friends but they all told me I was never into girls. None of the person close to me would tell the truth. And I know the memories of her were too good to be just repeating dreams.

So now, I'm out  searching for her. The image of her when she smiles so wide, it makes me feel fire inside my chest. It makes me feel alive and ongoing.

•••

"If you could go somewhere for free, where would that place be?" Lorn asked her.

"Hmm... Let me think." She said as she swings her feet back and forth.

They were at a long bridge sitting at the middle edge, just holding on to a rail line and staring at the lovely sunset. Many ships were passing by and small boats, soon they'll witness the lovely lights.

It took her a while to answer until she looks at him and said, "Anywhere I could feel happy."

•••

Lorn was now in a ship heading to that same place again, to where they lived. He could've taken an air trip but... he remembered it were ships they watch down that bridge.

Lorn walked in between bed decks. He was heading towards the rail where he could see the movement of the ocean. Almost there but then he saw a lady who's grip on a cup noodle was slipping.

It was for two heartbeats that he got there and took the cup noodle on his hand before it slipped entirely.

Brei was surprised at the sudden appearance of the guy. But she is thankful that he came and save her noodle.

"Where's your deck?" He asked.

Brei thought the guy's voice was so manly yet cute. He was handsome and fit as well. His eyes seemed—

"Where's your deck? It's getting hotter."

Brei snapped out of her thoughts and pointed an upper deck.

Lorn sighed at the thought of it and he started to walk there. This girl is pain, he goes back to where he came from. And how unlucky he is, she has the upper deck and he has the lower one which he doesn't like at all.

"Thanks for helping me out," Brei said with a grin on her face.

"Yeah," he replied nonchalantly. He was about to go when she spoke again.

"My name's Brei, by the way."

Lorn just said, "aight" as he started to walk to where he should be again.

Brei who climbed the upper deck smiled. She took out her notebook and grabbed a pen. Then she wrote down,

His eyes are like yours... and I can't help but wonder if  they were.