26

It was quiet now that Brei left the house. Nanny Greta finds the story Brei wrote a beautiful sad story. Now she wonders when is Brei gonna write a story that has a happy ending? It seemed impossible.

Nanny Greta's eyes shifted to a phone in the side table of Brei's bed. "Ah... she even left her phone."

Then she saw a painting of a tree. That girl really loves painting trees, Greta thought. And her jar of colorful letters are still untouched but just a jar had something inside. "Must be from the guy who broke her heart again..."

Nanny Greta put back the dress she wore in her wardrobe. It was laying on her bed. And finally, she closes her door. "I guess after this heartbreak, she won't return here anymore..."

•••

Few days had passed by and Brad couldn't keep his act. He can't keep betraying his friend. He just can't anymore...

Brad breathes out and yes, it's too late, but too late is better than never. He went out of his parent's house and drove a car to Forlorn's place.

It took him almost half an hour to get there. Once he was outside his door, he knocked.

A familiar lady opened up for him and the lady's eyes widened. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"You're supposed to be blind, Euphoria." He said nonchalantly and entered the room.

Forlorn who just went out of the kitchen was surprised to see his friend. "Woah! You're freaking here!" Lorn yelled and they bro hugged.

"Yeah there's something I wanna show ya tho," Brad said.

"Me too! You know Eupho-"

"Mines more important so can we go somewhere to talk about this?"

Lorn felt like his friend was serious this time. He looked at Euphoria and then signaled Brad to wait outside.

Brad did walk his way out and when he was about to step out. He smirked at Euphoria.

•••

Brad waited at the parking lot for 10 long minutes until Forlorn showed up.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Get in the car and I'll drop you to where it is," Brad coldly said.

Forlorn was about to retort when Brad glared at him. He put his hands up and got inside the car.

Brad then started driving towards a familiar route. The whole ride was quiet and Forlorn didn't even dare to speak up.

"Here we are," he said and parked.

Forlorn thought it was a familiar surrounding.

"Get off and call me when you finally realize shits," Brad said without looking at him.

Forlorn sense something weird but he knows he can't retort when it comes to Brad's serious face. "I don't know what's up with you but you're fucked." He said before getting out. He even slammed the door close and Brad speed away.

Forlorn glared at the place. It was Brei's fucking place. "Is that shit really trying to piss me off," he mumbled under his breath.

Lorn was about to look away when he figured, maybe he should just apologize to Brei since he's here already. Maybe it's time he face her.

He doorbells and waited for a Brei to come out. He pressed it three times until an old lady opened the door.

Forlorn saw the old lady froze and blinked couple of times until she went to the gate and opened it. Was he in the wrong neighborhood?

"Uh...sorry to disturb but uhm I'm looking for Brei?" He asked unsure.

The old woman then smiled which he thinks was weird. Upon opening the lady asked, "Do correct me if I am wrong but, you're Forlorn, yes?"

Lorn seemed shaken that the old woman knows him. "Y-yeah."

Then the old woman gasped covering her mouth.

Did Brei told her that? But I never told Brei that I have Forlorn as my name too.

"After all those years, you finally came back to look for my little Euphoria," the old lady told Forlorn.

That surprised him. What is this old lady talking about?

"Uh... no, I am looking for Brei and not Euphoria." He wanted to clear things up, maybe the lady was just confused. Then he heard a chuckled.

"You silly boy! Brei is Euphoria."

"What?" He find it ridiculous for Brei to be Euphoria. He just found Euphoria!

"You should come inside. I'm glad that you came for her after all these years!" Nanny Greta told him and drag him inside the house to Euphoria's room.

"See all of this! Euphoria comes here every now and then hoping you'd return to her."

Forlorn can't believe it. No! She can't be Euphoria. He doesn't believe any of it! She would know that he was Forlorn because she said she'd recognize that guy!

"I'm sorry but... Brei is Brei," Forlorn said and run down the stairs and outside the house.

He then called Brad while he run away from that place. He was in another block walking and confused when Brad stopped by him.

"What the fuck? Why bring me to that place!" Forlorn yelled at Brad when he went out of his car.

"Are you really that dumb, Lorn? How don't you know what she looks like when her memories keep flashing back to you?" Brad angrily asked.

"What do you fucking know, Brad? If you just say it to me and helped me, I would've known! It wouldn't be hard searching for her!" Lorn fired back.

That softened Brad's face and he looked down. "Yeah I know... but I love Euphoria too. It was hard not to take advantage of it all."

Forlorn scoffed and rake his hair. "Fuck! You knew all along..."

"Yeah... I knew all along. I come back here every now and then to watch her wait for you at that bridge. The old bridge Lorn. Then I figured out things about her. When we were in high school, I thought you were stupid because you liked her. But then I ended up liking her and when you vanished, she was in so much pain. I realized she couldn't recognize faces, and it's called Prosopagnosia. That's probably why she didn't know it was you she was with." The whole time Forlorn listened, he feels regret and stupid. He could've known it was her.

"Then who's this Euphoria at my condominium? How do you explain that?" Lorn asked.

"She's obviously fake. Remember that night when I called you for long while you were on your way to that bridge. Your mom knew and asked Candice-who liked you since high school- to pretend to be blind and be Euphoria."

"Fuck..." Lorn mumbled angrily.

"You stupidly fell for it. Also that afternoon, when she texted you to meet her up at the bridge. That could've been a hint but you fell for your mother's tricks. I don't know how, must've been Candice checking your phone. They saw her text and I over heard them talking when I visited your house here. She was about to meet her and your mom was gonna hurt her once again at that bridge but I went there first. And guess what I saw? The same Euphoria who waited for you few years ago."