21

"Come on!" He called excitedly, pulling Brei out of her house.

"Hold on! I'm putting on my shoes." She hurried and put on her shoes. Then they started running outside her gate.

"Tada!" He screamed excitedly showing the bicycle he probably rented.

Brei chuckled at how she thinks his action was corny yet adorable. "Wow, I'm so surprised," she said sarcastically.

"I thought the weather is great. It's not that hot and people are calm. It would be nice to see the far side of the town with you," Forlorn told Brei.

"The way you say thing, your words, I'm in love with it," she said, walking her way towards the other bike.

Forlorn smirked at her while he hop on the bike. "Does that mean you don't love me but my words?"

He saw Brei nodded as she hops on her bike.

"Don't you realize? They are my words, mine-that means you love me too," he said and winked at her. He then started to pedal, leading the way.

Brei giggled and followed Forlorn. As the wind blows on to her face, she laughed. Here goes that feeling again, it almost feels like she smoked weed. Not that she tried smoking, she kinda just imagined the feeling.

It is indeed a calm morning, with the people sharing smiles and laughter. It isn't a busy day where you hear vehicles honking. The sun, doesn't even try to burn her skin. It's a happy day.

"Brei, let's stop over an ice cream shop." She heard Lorn yelled.

"Alright! As long as you pay."

"Sure would," he said looking back at her to show a smile.

So they stopped and enter the ice cream shop.

"Which flavor do you want?" He asked her.

"I want the vanilla and strawberry," she answered giggling over the flavors in front of her.

"Do you want the double toppings? Oh wait! Cone or cup?"

"Uh... cone and just chocolate oki."

"Aight, find a seat and I'll be right there, my lady." Lorn said and talked to the lady at the counter.

Brei froze hearing that and then secretly grinned while on her way to find the perfect seat. She likes to be called a lady rather than girl.

It took few minutes for Lorn to come back with ice cream on his hand. He handed one to Brei and then sat down.

"Thanks," she said.

"I've got a question. How would you feel tomorrow if you wake up and find out this right now was just a dream?" Forlorn asked all of a sudden.

Brei thought about it for a moment and then look straight at him. "Well for me, every today becomes a dream or a nightmare tomorrow. I would feel sad and at the same time happy, because atleast this right now will be called memories instead of just nothing," she replied and smiles at Lorn.

"As expected of you. And here's the real one, will you go back to reality with me?" This time, it was Lorn who looked intensely at her.

Brei gaped. Is she really ready to go back and with him? Is she really ready to let go of her past?

"Reality?" She scoffed. "Do you think this right now isn't real?"

"Don't answer me with another question. You got to answer that in a sentence which ends in a period," Lorn didn't know how to answer Brei's question so he just said that.

"I'm ready despite not knowing what's ahead. If you're right there, still with me then I guess it'll be fine to face the reality you are talking about."

Brei's answer ended their talk. They are now just enjoying each other's presence without really talking and just staring outside the shop's window.

It was when her ice cream melted that she remembers something she wanted to ask him.

"Mikael?"

Forlorn turned to her. "Hmm?"

"What is it like when you forget someone? Or when you have been forgotten..."