10

Lorn walked out of the school ground feeling hopeless.  He doubt he could ever find her.

"Just like how the sky is right now. It's probably going to rain soon," Forlorn muttered and sighed.

He was about to get a cab when his phone rang. The contact named "rude girl" had called and he heavily sighed.

"What does she want now?" he asked before answering.

"Hey! I found something really interesting out here. You should also check this out," she excitedly said.

"Are you kidding? It's about to rain. Don't you hear the sky?" Forlorn asked.

"I do but c'mon it's beautiful out here. I'll wait for you," she told him and hung up.

"What the–"

Lorn put his phone down. How the hell was he supposed to know where she is?

*ting*

And that answered his question. She shared her location to him. Lorn rolled his eyes. What a really annoying girl.

He texted back saying, 'I won't go. Just go home.'

He's not going. He had a long day.

•••

Lorn in his condo unit looked outside his window as the rain won't stop pouring. He looked down at his phone and realized, he hasn't received a text back from Brei yet. It's none of his business if that girl was still there but...

"Fudge!" He swore under his breath.

Lorn got dressed and hurried down. That girl is really a pain for him. If he had known this was going to happen he would've let the noodle cup slip off.

He took a cab and told the driver about the location. It was still raining and he even forgot to bring an umbrella.

"Sir, do you want me to take you at the other  end of this bridge?" Asked the driver.

"Wait, what do you mean?" He asked.

"The location you told me is the old bridge sir. So, I don't know whether you want to stop here or ..."

Old bridge? ...

"I'll stop here."

Lorn got out the car after paying. He wore a hoodie but it's only a matter of minutes it'll get wet. He ran on the sidewalk looking for that stupid Brei. Looking straight and the other side. Almost at the top, he saw a lady and that was stupid Brei.

She was staring at nowhere, not caring whether she was soaked up. Why? Why is this girl like this? He asked himself.

"Brei," he called out.

And then she looked at him with that very same look that she gave him when he met her at the bench.

"It's Michael..." he said. He thought maybe she couldn't see him with those teary eyes and with his hoodie on.

He took off the hood and Brei smiled so genuinely at him.

"I knew you'd come."

"What on earth is up with you? Dragging people into your stupid loneliness under a rainy night! What's wrong with—" Forlorn couldn't continue as soon as he saw the tears running down her face mixing with of the rain.

"I'm sorry, Michael. You didn't really have to come for me," she said looking straight at him with a fainted smile. "I thought it was nice for you to see a sunset that turns into a starry night that I always adore. The stars never really showed up, instead it rained. I couldn't leave because I told you I would wait here," she explained and sniffs.

Lorn doesn't know how to respond to her. He feels bad saying those mean things and he knows she's still crying. So, he stepped closer to Brei and hugged her.

Brie's eyes widened. She's caught off guard. Never on her wildest thoughts did she think he would do this but... it made her feel safe. His hug felt like of someone she used to have ...