13

Brei got home safely after having breakfast at Mikael's place. She kept smiling even after taking a shower. After dressing up she took the paper bag he gave her and look at what's inside. She took out a box of chocolates that wowed her.

"I didn't notice this earlier," she murmured and opened it to get one. She giggled tasting how good it was.

Then after that she took felt a paper sticked under the box and she pulled it. It's a note.

"I had turned to bits of sand to meet you in this foreign shoreline," Brei read out what the note says. She smiled as she sees the happy face below.

"I guess he remembered what I wrote on that chocolate bar I threw at him," she mumbled and giggled as she rolled back and forth on her bed.

After feeling the moment she took her phone and sent a Thank-you to Mikael. A little too late but she finally managed to sent it and now it's dark. Then she got up and folded the note and inserted it to a jar. It's a new one, she keeps one for everyone—friends, family, relatives and from a special one.

•••

Forlorn who received the text was lurking out his condominium's veranda. He looked down to see the notification and smiled. He hasn't dream or had a flashback of Euphoria yet and he doesn't want to hurry things up as well.

Maybe I can call her...

He opened his phone and FaceTimed Brei, not sure if she'll answer. After seven rings she picked up.

"How are things going there?" He asked.

"Actually good—Wait! Are you outside?" Brei asked finally seeing his background clearly.

"Just at the veranda right now. Had dinner?"

"Not yet but I'll cook later. Uhm... the sky looks nice tonight," she told him as she moves towards the window.

Lorn smiled at her and said. "Yeah... it's actually good to know that we're staring at the same sky."

Brei looked up and her tears started running down which is why she turned slightly away from the camera so he wouldn't see anything. She wiped her tears right away and sniffs.

"Yeah... at least we are staring at the same sky," she mumbled. She was thinking of that first love of her.

Honestly she had received an email from his friend telling her to stop hoping that he'd come back. His friend told her that he was happy now and doesn't want to be bothered. She's the only one who couldn't move on and that's the saddest part.

"Are you crying?" Lorn asked as soon as he saw that Brei was kinda wiping her tears away.

Brei cleared her throat and face at the camera all smiling. "I'm fine, just a bit of dust my eye caught."

Lorn didn't believe that, she cried for some reason and he's curious. There's just something about Brei that he wants to know and help her. The feeling of finding out who's Euphoria is the same feeling in helping Brei find her euphoria.

"Brei, you should go and rest," Lorn said.

"Hmm... yeah I should. And you too."

"Before you go, I want you to know that we'll find it together. It may take a while but I'm sure at the end of our journey here, we'll find what we came here for. We might not get the right answers but... the wrong ones are lessons right?" He doesn't know where all of it came from but he wanted to assure her.

Brei smiled at him with her tears finally showing up. "I'll sure remember that. Goodnight, Mikael."

"Goodnight, Brei."