27

The memories of Euphoria finally came back to Forlorn. Her face and the look when she smiled are all the same with Brei's. He was such a stupid fools and he can't help but cry at a side walk with Brad watching.

"I'm sorry, bro." Brad told him.

Forlorn looked at the side and wiped his tears. "I deserve this man. How can I stick to my words. I'm going to look for her once again and I'll make sure this time. I'll have her for sure."

Brad walk towards Forlorn and handed him a hand. Forlorn took it and Brad hoisted him up. "Check your inbox, I sent you something that I had save over the past few years," Brad told him.

Forlorn opened his their chatbox and saw a picture of him an Euphoria that night when they dance and she wore a blue tulle dress.

"Fudge! Brei is really Euphoria," he said and turned off his phone.

"I need to make things right. Can you do me a favor and tell that Candice to get the fuck out of my condominium. I know she'll tell the good news to my mom."

"Where are you heading?" Brad asked.

"Back to her place. I have something to do before I go look for Euphoria again," Lorn answered.

"Alright. We good okay? And I'm sorry," Brad said once again. They bro hugged.

Once Brad was no one, Lorn walked back to Brei's place. He pressed the door bell once again and the lady from earlier showed up with a bright smile.

"I knew you'd come back," the lady told him.

Nanny Greta showed Forlorn, the room again. This time, Lorn wasn't confused but rather intrigued and guilty. He saw the painting on the wall and then he remembered Euphoria always drawing a tree on her wrist. The same tree that was in the painting.

He couldn't help but feel happy mixing with grief and solitude. Then he went and opened her wardrobe because he wanted to see that tulle dress and yes, she had a lot but the blue was his favorite.

Brei really is Euphoria and there's no doubt to it now.

He looked at the jar below the painting and she saw one that has only one letter inside. Then he remembers his promise to her that he'd give her colorful letters to give life to the transparent jar.

"I gotta keep that promise," he said and walk towards her desk and started opening some drawers. He knows there are a lot of pens and papers down there and he wasn't wrong at all. All his feelings, when he was alone and when found her without knowing it was her, he put it all there. He's going to stuff it in the jar and once she returned, she'll know how he regrets not coming there. How he regrets not ever telling her that his name was Forlorn. If he had said that maybe, just maybe she would've realized it was him.

•••

Nanny Greta saw how determined Forlorn was at getting the jar full. It was already midnight yet he was still writing stuffs. Earlier she told him to rest and eat but he refused to rest even just a bit.

He must be so heartbroken as Euphoria. Why does fate always play this game so well? Their name even are synonymous but isn't it what makes them attracted to each other?

•••

It was morning when finally Forlorn finished everything. He even fell asleep resting his head on the table. Almost afternoon when he finally woke up. He stretched and took a good look at Euphoria's room before leaving.

Downstairs, the lady had prepared him brunch. He wanted to decline but the lady insisted and so he's eating with her now.

"How do you know me?" Forlorn asked all a sudden.

"You went to high school with my dear Euphoria. She always talks about you and she sometimes gets sad when she can't recognize your face," she answered and laugh.

Forlorn smiled. "Do you think she'll forgive me for coming so late?"

Nanny Greta smiled. "You know she has quiet the heart to do that."

•••

After eating Forlorn decided to go home and face reality now. He wants to find Euphoria in the real world now. He asked details about her from Greta. He also found out, that she left her phone so it'll be harder.

"Before you go and find her, here's a story she wrote while staying in here. I think she meant it for you to read," Nanny Greta said and handed him a notebook.

"To my Euphoria." Forlorn read the title.

"Please bring her home with a happy ending," Nanny Greta asked.

He smiled and hugged Granny Greta.

It sounds like his search for Euphoria had carved him another quest to look for her again. He promise that he won't stop searching for Euphoria and this time he won't ever let her down. This time he promise, he won't hurt her no more.

•••

To my euphoria,

You slowly lured me into your fake happy smiles. You lended me a hand up your flowering staircase of  words. On our way, you disguised the warning bells as butterflies to blind me. And finally when I reached the top and felt your feather lips on mine... Why? Why did I taste bitter lies in every second of the kiss? Slowly... slowly and unconsciously I was already falling down. This is sad but, to my euphoria, I hate you the most.