07

"I'm sorry, I didn't bring my phone with me. I was waiting for your text tho," Brei apologized. "Want some fries?"

"No, thank you. I'm not really the type who eats anything for breakfast," he replied, watching the kids at the playground.

"Hmm... okay. So where are you staying?" She asked, finishing her sundae.

Lorn didn't want to answer her question, instead he wants to be the one asking her some questions.

"How come you like dipping your fries in to your sundae?" He asked.

"Because it is yummy. Try it and you'll see," she replied, completely not minding the fact that he just ignored her question.

"Is searching for euphoria your only reason to come here? Do you live here or what?"

Brei was suspicious at how he suddenly got so curious about her. She lift an eyebrow at him. "Why the sudden questions about me?" She asked.

Lorn didn't want to tell her why so he replied, "Well, if we want to be in the state of euphoria then we should know each other more. So, will you answer it?"

A good excuse, he thought.

Brei thought for a moment and then finally drop her suspicions about his questions.

"Well, I've been here couple of times. I even lived here and I've seen how this town changed a lot. And well, I'm here because I want to see my first love again. He made me feel something, he also did things for me that no one else did. I came here, hoping I'd meet the one who made me so elated. And that's to my euphoria." Brei answered and smiled at Lorn.

Lorn felt the wind blow on his face the moment he saw her smile. What a weird thing, he thought.

There's a fair chance that what she meant by "the one" is him. But it's only if she's had an amnesia because how could she not have known him.

"By any chance, do you have an amnesia?" Lorn asked her.

That made Brei chuckled and slightly frowned. "Nope and I don't ever want to know how it feels having amnesia."

Lorn disregarded her mocking chuckle and continued to investigate. "That means if you see the guy you're talking about, you'll know it's him?"

Brei stopped for a moment to think where he was getting at. She smiled faintly but Lorn couldn't notice that because he was too focused to hearing her answer.

"Of course I would! I know his name, his-his everything!" She exclaimed.

And that killed it. Lorn knows for sure that Euphoria isn't Brei. Who was he kidding? Just because Brei dipped her fries in a sundae doesn't mean she's Euphoria Lorn! Many people do it! You're stupid! Lorn scolded hisself in his mind.

As Lorn spaced out, Brei, for a heartbeat looked down and mumbled, "I still hope he'll recognize me first..."