22

Lorn didn't understand why she would ask him that. He thought maybe she knew he had an accident? He hasn't told her so how could she?

It's already night time though. They explored the east side of the town riding just a bike. He can say they had lots of fun. But Brei wanted to ride the Ferris wheel so they are on their way to the amusement park.

"Question. You said earlier that you don't like places that you always read or see on screens and pages, but why come here?" Lorn asked her.

"It's true that I don't like it and it's because I'm selfish. I don't want the same thing that everyone has. I want to be rare. But you know, with you here, I realized that yeah, it's no different from any scene but the feelings each one feels isn't the same. It's unique, it's something that makes the usual thing goes different," she tells him with a smile.

Hearing that, Lorn stopped and stares at Brei who ran towards the entrance. Her hair bouncing under the night sky and before the amusement park's lights, she's someone he has been missing.

"Come on, Mikael! Hurry up before they closes!" She yelled excitedly.

Lorn chuckled at the way she excitedly makes a bouncing movement and those giggles. He ran to follow her with his smile. Also, he realized, he hasn't really told Brei that he has two first names. Ah, well it can wait.

They head inside the pod and Brei was still giggling and excited about it.

"Is it your first time riding this thing?" Lorn asked her.

"Yep. I once had a promise from someone that he'd take me here but then things happen," Brei answered looking down.

Lorn then put his hand on hers and she stared at him. "I'm glad I'm the first one to ride with you," he said and showed a flattering grin.

Brei couldn't help but stare at his eyes. Those words are what she has been wanting to hear for a long time. She couldn't help it and jump to hug Lorn so tight.

"I'm sorry, I'm getting emotional. I just needed to hear that. And now, I just feel so happy," she whispered and hugged him even tighter.

The hug lasted about a minute until Brei had let go of him.

"Brei, I have something to tell you," Lorn started. He thinks it's best if he says it all right now.

"What is it?" She asked worriedly.

"I was really here because I wanted to look for someone. Say, a girl who I loved so much..."

"Ohh... does that mean-"

"No! Let me finish! It started out like that but I swear Brie I- I have feelings for you and they're clearer than of hers." Lorn expected a slap but instead he received another hug from Brei.

"It's never wrong to admit some things like that. Don't worry, I'm not mad or anything. Also, my feelings doesn't change, it's still the same. And as you said, you'll never know it's a safe one until it lasts."

Lorn wanted to say he's wrong. That a safe love doesn't always last, that a safe love is something like Brei's. That no matter what you tell it, it would still understand and say 'it's okay, I'm here' expecting pretty much nothing in return.

He looked into her eyes and as they reach the top where city lights are viewed the widest, he cupped her face and kissed her.

This time Brei felt no butterflies, that means she isn't anxious or scared to feel this high with him. His lips just felt so soft on hers, just like how the wind blew the clouds-so gentle yet indulging.

•••

"You sure you're not gonna come in?" Brei asked Lorn the third time now.

"Nah. You should go take a good rest okay. Goodnight Brei."

Before really going, he kissed Brei's forehead and finally turned to walk away. Brei smiled as he fade into view. "I really hope you won't turn out to be like him..."

•••

Forlorn didn't want to go home yet after having a long phone call with Brad. He wants to go back to that bridge where him and Euphoria would always go to. He just walked his way there, he wanted to bid her a proper goodbye so he went.

Almost reaching the middle he could see a girl in a blue dress. She has a long black hair and was just like someone he knew from his memories. He frown as the image that keeps appearing in his head is so much alike what he's seeing right now.

It was getting harder to unsee her. It was even getting hard to step closer and all that came out of his mouth was "Euphoria..."