18

It was finally Sunday and Brei just got home from church. It was now time to make some dinner but first she has to get dressed comfortably.

She was on her way upstairs when she heard a knock on the door.

"Just a minute!" She yelled making her way to the door. Ah, it's her neighbor probably gonna ask if her mum was home.

Brei opened the door and saw a man standing with some bags in his hand. "Uh... yes?"

•••

Lorn didn't know how to say sorry to Brei. It's been about four or five days that he hasn't let her hear about him. He regrets doing so but he wanted to sort out some stuff, that's why he did that.

And now, he's in her front porch with bags of fries and four bucket of ice cream. It also has chicken nuggets in there and iced teas.

He pressed the door bell and when he heard her voice that's when he realized how much he misses her.

When she opened the door, he was surprised at her reaction. It was as if, she didn't recognize him at all. It's always like that when they meet up and he has to make the first move.

"Uh... yes?"

Forlorn didn't know where to start so he just went and hugged her. He knows she was surprised for a moment because he felt her body froze. Then she tried to push him away and that's when he smiled.

"It's me Brei." He murmured into her ear and that made her stop pushing him.

"W-why-"

"I'm sorry. I had to take care of things and I didn't know how to tell you," he replied. "I'm really sorry."

Lorn hugged her tighter than earlier and he felt her hug him back too. "It's okay. I understand. We're just strangers passing by on each other anyway."

"What?" Lorn abruptly asked breaking the hug they shared. "Where are all these coming from?"

"You told me about it," Brei replied, sounding like she whispered it.

"No! I - that was before I caught feelings. Before I realized that I was chasing somebody without thinking that she might've moved on and is living her life happily right now," he explained hoping she would understand.

Brei looked him in the eyes and Lorn looked down.

"I'm sorry Brei..."

Forlorn was ready to leave but then Brei hugged him which surprised him.

"I was looking for a person too but I know he's happy somewhere with someone else. I'm sorry that I've fallen for you that fast. You just showed me the way to write again and I fell in love with it," Brei said.

"How about some fries and ice cream?" Forlorn asked with a fainted smile, hoping she would accept it as his sorry.

Brei smiled and nodded. So, Forlorn took the bags and they head inside.

She was looking at him getting the things in the bag out one by one. And she thought, it was so sudden that he sort it out like that...