Chapter 16 - Lucky Stars

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

×××

This morning, I woke up feeling different. Happier. Nervous. Ready. I was ready for whatever this day was about to bring me and most importantly I was ready to witness one of the most beautiful weddings I had ever planned. It was Emily and Zachary's day and it was bound to be beautiful which became quite clear when I opened the door and saw the beautiful bride standing in front of the mirror, surrounded by her bridesmaid.

"Breathe, Em, just breathe." one of her bridesmaid comforted.

"This is actually happening right now. I'm getting married. I'm a bride. I'm actually marrying Zac. He is actually marry me! This is actually happeni-"

"Calm down, Em. I can't tell if you're too nervous or too excited!" another one giggled.

"I guess I'm both." Emily chuckled as a blush covered her face.

"Hey, hold the tears atleast till the ceremony is over, you can't ruin your makeup now." Laura, the maid of honor exclaimed.

"How come you're allowed to cry then?"

"Because I'm not the bride."

"But you are the maid of honor. You're the second most important person today, okay?"

"I thought Zachary was the second most important person."

"I thought we had agreed he will always be the third wheel between with us."

"If that's the case then maybe you can cry a little." Laura laughed with misty eyes and took Emily into a warm embrace. It soon turned into a group hug with all the bridesmaids, each of them with matching smiles and withheld tears.

A smile rose to my face and I could feel my eyes getting wet too. Emily was a really lucky girl.

Unlike you.

The memory of Evan proposing to me entered my mind. I thought of Ella who could've been my maid of honor if my day had ever come.

No. I needed to stop. I couldn't let any negative thought in today.

"Flora, I didn't see you there." Emily called, pulling me back from my thoughts. "Is everything okay outside?"

"Everything is perfect." I reassured. "I need all the bridesmaids to take there positions. The ceremony is about to begin."

She nodded her head while all her bridesmaids started smoothening their dresses and checking their hair one final time.

"Emily?" I called.

"Yes?"

"You look gorgeous." I smiled at her. She really did. She was wearing a satin mermaid gown with textured lace and beaded straps. A soft net tulle veil graced her head. She wore crystal earrings and an extravagant diamond necklace. It was flawless, but failed to compete with the look on her face. Her skin was glowing and she had the biggest smile on her face. In the short time I had known her, I had never seen her look happier.

"Thank you, Flora." she surprised me with a warm embrace. It took me a few seconds, but I hugged her back, careful not to wrinkle her dress. "So it's finally time?"