12

A few months passed and you and Hyunjin had gotten closer. It seemed as if you both were dating but not really. You guys were comfortable with each other. You guys would hold hands, have an arm around the other, and other cute things but were never really together. You had applied for an internship at your father's company overseas and it took place over summer. The acceptance list came and you got in, but you didn't tell Hyunjin about applying or getting in yet. Today was the day you did it.

Y/N: Jinnie, wanna go to the cafe?

Hyunjin: Sure. Wait for me after class. We go on break tomorrow and I want to make sure I have everything so we can have the best summer together- as friends.

Y/N: That's what I wanted to talk to you about.

Hyunjin: I don't have it all planned just a few-

Y/N: Tell me about it after class. Okay?

Hyunjin: Yeah.

Class was over and you both walked to the cafe. Once you arrived you took a seat as he got the drinks. You both talked for hours and then headed to the bus stop.

Both: I have something to tell you.

Hyunjin: You go first.

Y/N: I'm heading back to Australia over summer.

Hyunjin: That's great. Call me when you're there and tell me everything that happens.

Y/N: I won't be able to do that. I'm busy for a lot of hours.

Hyunjin: What for? Is your dad making you take classes over summer?

Y/N: Not necessarily. What did you want to tell me?

Hyunjin: I don't only want to be friends with you. I like you. A lot. If you don't feel the same just tell me and don't make it as big as the last time you rejected me.

Y/N: Wow... this is...tough.

Hyunjin: You could just reje-

Y/N: *fast* I applied to my father's internship he sent out to the school and I got in not because he's my father but because his whole company looked at my application and thought I would be great at the job and I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back until the end of summer. *sigh*

Hyunjin: That's great....

Y/N: Hyunjin I like you too. A lot. But this internship means the world to me. I already have a plane booked. I was going to tell you sooner but I couldn't.

Hyunjin: Will you wait for me?

Y/N: What do you mean?

Hyunjin: You leave all summer and I won't see you until next semester. Let's wait for each other. When you come back, let's be more than friends.

Y/N: What if our feelings change?

Hyunjin: Our feelings are pretty strong right now, what's six weeks gonna do to us?

The six weeks went by faster than it had seemed. Your plane back was in a few hours. Not much has changed. Felix and Seungmin had come along to the trip, though Seungmin is from a different school, your dad's company also let them know about the opportunity. By the time you finished thinking about the trip and internship, it was time to check into your flight. Felix had his plane go a few hours ahead of yours and so it was just you and Seungmin on the plane together.

When the plane landed and you all got your bags, someone was waiting for you at the exit.

Y/N: SUNGIE!

You ran into his arms. It had been six weeks since you had contacted each other and six weeks without your best friend, Felix excluded. After the hug, you both shared bright big smiles and he took one of your bags.