damaged heart

this ones different from my others!! if you have family issues i suggest you don't read this one.

*Y/Ns pov*

"why? why mom. why did you leave me?" i said with tears falling from my eyes. she stood there quiet and still. "ANSWER ME!!" i screamed with pain in my voice. "you left me here. i had nobody except dad. you weren't here for my first steps, my first words, my first boyfriend. you weren't here when i first started my period. why are you back now?" i ask. once again no answer. "exactly, you don't even know why your here." i said with a tint of anger in my voice. "look baby-" "no! don't call me baby," i told her cutting her off. "i'm sorry alright. i don't know why i left and i regret it more than you'll ever know," she said finishing. she had no emotion. not in her voice or her face. "you know something, i don't need you. i hardly know who you are and i've never been around you but i do know that i don't need you. i needed you but i don't now. i've gotten used to not having a mother figure in my life. it's hard growing up without you here but you know, i've learned to live with it. the pain you brought me, the damage you've done to me, i've learned to know that you don't care. i needed you, badly. i needed a mother figure to go to and talk about my problems too. AND YOU WERENT THERE!" i ranted, screaming the last part with more tears spilling out my eyes. my mother started to cry. i guess that made her realize what she's done to me. "if i were a parent i would never do that to my child. because they need a mother in their life. i'm going to be the best i can possibly be unlike you. you didn't even fucking care about the pain i was in. i smoked weed every single day so i wouldn't have to feel the pain YOU put me through!"

*colbys pov*

i feel bad for listening to my daughter talk to her mother for the first time. but i couldn't help myself. her screams echoed through the house. i feel so bad that she had to grow up with her mom. but it happened and there's no taking it back anymore. i slowly walked down the stairs. i made my way behind y/n. i put my hands on her shoulders and spoke up. "i think you need to leave." her mother looked up at me and glared at me. "you can't tell me what to do." she spoke up. "he said leave, so leave. now," y/n said sternly to her mother. "fine, i never loved you anyways." she spat. my heart dropped when she said that. how could she do that to her daughter. she got up and walked out the door and disappeared forever. y/n got up and turned to look at me. more tears threatened to leave her eyes. i could see that she was about to break so i grabbed her and hugged her tighter than ever before. she cried in my arms for about an hour before she spoke up. she let me go and said, "why doesn't she love me? she's supposed to love me." i wanted to answer that question but i had no answer. "i don't know, i wish i could give you a answer but i really can't." i truthfully told her. "are you going to leave me just like she did?" she asked. "no, i would never. your my baby girl and my best friend. i love you okay? don't forget that." i told her looking at her. she smiled a little. "there's that smile i love," i said smiling at her. she laughed, "i love you to dad. thank you for everything." "no thank you, you taught me that i only really need you," i told her.