CH 50 // New promises

Alex put his hand in his jean pocket as he climbed the stairs to his Apartment. Just to make sure the box was still there. It was, just like the other 15 times he checked. This was probably going to be the biggest gift yet. He couldn't wait to give it to Charlie. But he had to wait for the right time.

"Charliiee!" Alex sang as he opened the front door to their apartment. "I'm home!". He slipped his shoes off and removed his nametag. He rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes and stretched. It had been another entertaing but long day at the Coffee Shop. While Charlie worked from 6-2, Alex worked from 9-5. So there was a few hours that Charlie would be home alone. That was partly the reason why he had decided to make that play-room for Charlie. That way he could keep himself occupied and regress in a safe environment without getting into too much trouble. Speaking of which, where was his little monster?

He heard scurrying come out of the bedroom and down the hall. It was only the puppies though. They came running to Alex and jumped up trying to give him face licks. Alex giggled and pet them. "Yis, I missed you too girls." He said. "Now, wheres Charlie?" He looked down the hall and saw the light on in the play-room. Bingo.

He walked down the hall with the pups following him. He opened the door and popped his head inside. He saw toys scattered all over the floor, books were stacked in a pile in the blue tent-house, and a few Onsies were out as if Charlie was deciding which one to wear. He heard movement coming from his left. He looked over and saw Charlie stiring in his sleep. He was wearing his Tigger Pajama Onsie and cuddled up to a Care Bear stuffie. His hand was resting on a half empty bottle of warm milk. Alex smiled and walked over to the Crib. He leaned over and stroked Charlie's hair. The snoozing boy awoke and looked up. He gasped with a bright smile and sat up making grabby hands. The blonde chuckled and hugged his little cub. Charlie cooed and nuzzled into him.

"Did you miss me?" Alex said rubbing the small ones back. Charlie replied with a nod. When he pulled away Alex looked around the room again. "Looks like someone had fun" He said. This earned him a soft giggle from Charlie. Alex looked back over to him and put his arms out. "Come on. Let's get you uppies and we'll clean up in here". Charlie stood and wrapped his arms Alex. Alex lifted him up and with a small hop Charlie had his legs around the blondes waist. He kicked his feet with a smile. Being carried by Alex was one of his favorite things. It was even better than mac n cheese.

"Ooh! can we has mac n cheese Dada?" Charlie asked looking into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Actually" Alex started. "I was thinking about taking you out to the waffle house for dinner".

Charlie gasped in excitement. The Waffle House was only the best place ever to get foods! Especially if it was Waffles! "Really?"

"Mm-hm" Alex said with a nod. "But first we gatta clean up in here and get you...mm, nah you can stay in your PJ's" He said with a shrug.

Charlie threw his arms into the air. "Yes! Best day ever!" Alex put him down and they started to tidy up the place. Charlie put all his toys away, Alex gathered all the boks and placed them back on the shelf, then put all the Onsies away. Afterwards, they straightened up the stuffies and blankies in the crib. Alex took the bottle and went to the kitchen to place it in the fridge. After making sure the Pups were fed and watered, he went to the bedroom to change out of his work shirt. Meanwhile Charlie packed his bag of things he'll need. A coloring book, crayons, Teddy, a fidget cube to keep his hands busy, phone, wallet, and the spare keys. Once everything was packed, he went to the bedroom to see how close Alex was to being ready. He waited by the door eagerly while Alex was digging through his closet for a shirt. He watched as the blonde looked at each shirt, fussing to himself about ''finding the right one". This was odd of him. Usually he just threw on whatever with little to no care. Finally, he settled on a black button up and white skinny jeans. After peeking in the mirror to fix his hair, He picked up his work pants and faced away from Charlie so he couldn't see what he was fishing out. After tucking the small present safely in his jeans, he faced Charlie with a bright smile and said "Alright, Let's go".

He took Charlie by the hand as he walked out of the bedroom. Charlie followed, questioning why Alex was so dressed up if they were just going to a waffle house. And what was he hiding in his pocket?

********

If you were to look up "Happy Baby" In the dictionary, Charlie's face would be there with a dab of syrup on his nose and a whipped cream mustache. He wiggled in the benched seat humming a happy tune while chowing away. Meanwhile Alex was trying to hold back his laughter.

"What am I going to do with you?" He said picking up a napkin. He wiped Charlie's face clean.

"You're going to love meee!" Charlie sang throwing his arms up in the air. He then resumed to his Waffles, taking a big bight.

"Yes I am" Alex replied. "Forever and ever". He reached down and pulled the small box out of his pocket. "And, I wanna give you something to promise you that".

Charlie looked up at him with a mouth full and tilted his head with a "Hm?" He looked down at Alex's, hand and swallowed before looking back up at him.

"I think It's still a little early to be thinking about marriage" Alex started. "But, until that day..." He opened the box, revealing two rings inside. "I wanna give you my promise".

Charlie put a hand to his mouth as he stared down at the promise rings. "Alex..." He said breaking into a smile. He watched the blonde take one of the rings out. He put his hand out, allowing Alex to slip the ring on his finger. He took the other ring and did the same for Alex.

A bright smile was plastered on both their faces. Charlie couldn't help but giggle. Alex always knew how to make him happy. And now he got to be happy with him forever

****

A/N: hey! It's been forever, I know.
This whole isolation thing has not been kind to me. But!!! I have news I wanna share with you guys!

I'm ganna be a Parent!
I'm so excited!🥺❤

Anywho, hope u enjoyed this chapter! Love you guys :)