Chapter 1- the girl with the agonising secret!

Indigo's POV

This bed is so uncomfortable. I just wanted to go to sleep, no matter how much I cry I just can't fall to sleep. I just want to dream about heaven, I have heard it's such a peaceful place. This pain is killing me, the agony is ripping me to pieces. I guess I should be used to it. I have had two years of it.

Mother's in bed sleeping unaware of her baby's suffering. Father's meant to protect me but I'm ashamed to show my weakness; to afraid to say a word. Terrified of what Riley might do.

That stupid alarm, I hate it! It beeps to part me from my heaven and drag me back to hell. I drag myself up, it my first day back at 6th form. I need to find my jumper, I dare leave the room without covering my arms; mother or father may spot my bruises and then his threats will happen. I cannot deal with that.

As I approach the bathroom, my reflection off the mirror glares back at me. Whats happened to me? I'm sixteen, the bags under my eyes are darker than ever. I guess that's from all the sleepless nights. Yes, sleepless nights. Ever I'm in to much pain to fall asleep or the nightmares startle me and that's me until the morning. Crying into my pillow; asking myself ridiculous questions of why this is happening.

As I add my foundation, my self-confidence boosted a bit. My makeup is my cover up, you see it stops people seeing me. What he has made me become. My eye liner and mascara goes on and slowly made my way back to the bedroom to get dressed.

As I reach my wardrobe, I grabbed my favourite fan top with the slipknot band printed on the front, slowly I put my black skinny jeans on and to finished the look of my oversized black jumper and black studded trainers. Now I'm ready to face the day. Pulled myself off my bed and dragged my feet to the stairs. He's there at the bottom of the stairs...