Chapter 9: a parents worst nightmare.

Indigo's dad's POV

As we reached the hospital, we were so confused and unable to expect that someone we have let in our house for so many years could do this. We didn't even realise, my wife sobbing next to me; repeating "how didn't we notice?" trying to comfort her seemed to make it worse, so I just concentrated on getting to my little angel. Who I have let down; I'm meant to protect her and I have done the total opposite.

Indigo's mum's POV

He has portrayed us; he gained our trust and ripped our daughter apart. We saw her everyday and we never even realised. We noticed a change in the way she dressed but we believed that was due to her maturing. As I reached my daughters bed side all I could do was sob. She was bruised all over and unable to move without a little cry.

"I'm sorry, I never told you. I just didn't want to look weak..." she sobbed. The devastation I am feeling is horrible. How could he do this to my princess!

"The police will be here soon" the boy across from us announced. He saved my daughters life, he is a true hero.

"Oh, thank you so much. If it wasn't for you, I dread to think what would of happen. Thank you, thank you!" I said whilst I squeezed him.

"Your welcome, I'm just sorry I didn't realise what my brother was doing sooner!"

"YOUR BROTHER?" My husband roared.

"Dad stop! It's not his fault." My daughter cried before breaking down once again.

"It's okay, I understand. I'm nothing like him and I was as shocked as you are. I would never touch a hair on her head. She should be treated like a princess!" My husband frowned and sat down to wait for the police tapping his foot irritably.

"She has broken ribs and serious concussion. The doctors said she should be ok to go home tomorrow. They have also been in to talk to her about seeing a councillor. To talk to about her worries and concerns"

My baby has been tortured and I didn't realise; does this make me a bad mother. No, I'm not; he's just spiteful and twisted.