Chapter 8: the boy at my bedside

Indigo's POV

As I awoke all I could hear was beeping, it sounded like my alarm but I'm not at home. I'm in a quiet room, a very peaceful room. At my side was a very sleepy, handsome boy. With hazel brown hair and brown eyes. Who is he? I never met him before have I? Where's Riley? Is he going to come, in bring my nightmares back! I shot up, startling the boy from his sleep.

My heart is racing! I don't want to go through this pain anymore. The boys eyes lit up, "your safe now, your safe" he said in a deep and seriously hot voice.

"Who are you..u?" I stuttered. Feeling rude for asking I looked down at my hands. Unaware of him smiling at me.

"Unfortunately, Riley's brother. Well was until I saw what he had done to you. How long has he been treating you like this? And why?" My face dropped at the discovery of this amazing boy being that monsters brother. I quickly laid back down and I couldn't hold it in, I just broke down.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. I want to help, his with the police." He whispers whilst going to stoke my hair, I flinched and he quickly pulled his hand away.

"It's not you, your brother been beating me for over two years. His made me feel ugly and worthless. You shouldn't have come. If he doesn't go to prison, his threats are going to come true! It's all because I never cared what others thought and wore what I wanted. He didn't like it!"

He put his hand on the bed, so I shyly laid my hand on top of his. "Why am I here?" I questioned him.

"You are in hospital, you have broken ribs and serious concussion. He really has made you feel like you nothing, has he? But honestly you are truly beautiful, inside and out!" When he said this my eyes lit up and I could feel myself blushing. I hid my face in hope he wouldn't see.

"Get some rest gorgeous, the police and your parents will be here soon and you need to keep your strength up." I kept hold of him hand and slowly drifted off to sleep.