Chapter 5: The night began

Riley POV

When we reach my house the anger just started to pour out. Why does she think she can be like that?

"Oi, come here" she slowly made her way it to the kitchen where I was making dinner. She looked at me with no emotion. She started to take her jumper off and I saw the bruises I left.

"Leave it on! I don't want to see that, you trying to make me feel guilty or something?"

"No, I'm just hot. I don't need to hide them here because there's no one round" she sighed and sat down. I can't hold it no more, it's just to hard.

Indigo's POV

As I sat there watching I could see his hands shaking. I know what this means, I know this isn't going to be a very good night.

"What are you staring at!" He screamed as he flicked his hand in the air; which knocked the pasta he was making, off the hob. I didn't say anything I just sat and watched.

"Now look what you made me do! Clear it up, now!" It was always my fault when he done something like this but still I just sat and watched.

"Are you deaf clear it up! I'm warning you." He was at my side now looking down on me. "Move" he grabbed me and dragged me to the mess on the floor. Throwing me down, he whispered in a stern voice "now clean."

My wrist hurt from where he had tightened his grip round it. I didn't want him to, do anymore so I quickly clear it. While I was doing this, I looked up and he wasn't there. So I listened he was on the phone.

"Hello, Indy wanted to know if she could stay tonight.." He was silent for a minute and then carried on.

"Yes she'll be in school tomorrow, I promise."

The silence dragged for a while and then.

"Ok, thank you. I will let her know. Bye"

I know what this means. This night is going to be a long night. I could hear foot steps coming back in; I quickly sat on the chair again and waited.