Jealousy?

Side note from future Author, I didn't reread anything and I haven't fixed any mistakes. So, if you could point those out if you find any, that'd be great. Thank you. Ok, you may continue.

---

I pick up the bag, still a bit dazed by the fact someone actually thinks I'm cute.

Wait, who even was that? Dammit, Y/n! You had one job!

I sigh and head back to the gym where the first set was almost done. I set the bag down and sit with coach Ukai. He side glances at me.

"And what took you so long?" He asks.

I clear my throat. "Funny story, I'm pretty sure I ran into a teammate of our opponent." Ukai raises a brow.

"What are you talking about?"

I scratch the back of my head. "Well, he was wearing a tracksuit that said 'boys volleyball team' on it with the schools name on it..." I say.

"What's his name?" I bite my lip.

"I didn't catch his name. I was too caught up with him helping me fill up the bottles." Coach let's out a sigh, probably mentally face palming at my stupidity, which I can't blame him.

The while blows, signalling the end of the first set, Aobajohsai's win. They all jog over, sweat sticking to their skin and getting the collars of their shirts wet.

Kiyoko and I begin handing the guys water bottles and towels. Tanaka takes the bottle from me squealing. He drinks from it, but stops.

"I didn't see you during the game. Where were you?" He asks. Nishinoya pops out from behind Tanaka.

"Yea, where were you? You missed it! I was sooo cool out there." I smile and sigh.

"I'm sure you were." I say. "But, it took a while to fill those bottles up. It probably would've took longer if I hadn't of had help."

"Why didn't Kiyoko go with you?" I shrug.

"Spur of the moment kinda thing. I just wanted to be of use to you guys so I could prove I could be useful." I explain. "I enjoy hanging out with you guys and I didn't wanna just hang around not doing anything. And I also didn't want to bother Kiyoko..." I mumble the last part.

Tanaka and Nishinoya stare at me before crying. I step back in surprise.

What did I do??

"Y/n~chan is so nice! I-I..." Tanaka cries out, wiping his tears. Nishinoya throws himself at me, his hair tickling my nose a bit.

"Y/n~chan, I promise you won't feel that way again!"

"Uh..."

Coach Ukai smacks Nishinoya and Tanaka. "GET IT TOGETHER!" He yells. "This is no time to be weird."

I hear a whistle go off. The next set is about to begin. The team sets their bottles down before heading off.

"Good luck!" I shout. A few of the boys turn back to wave, and others smile. I smile softly, but a frown replaces it.

Why am I here? I know nothing about volleyball. What can I possibly do to help them? I'll only get in the way.

No, Y/n, that's not a healthy mind set.

But, it's true.

No, think positive thoughts.

I'm positive I'm not supposed to be here.