Work Harder

"A body has been discovered..."

I sat on the couch wrapped up in a blanket while my dad sat in his chair and my mom was in the kitchen making breakfast. I stared intently at the TV as the women spoke of the unfortunate souls who had lost their lives last night.

"The body's belong to 18 year old Sora Tenmon, 18 year old Ito Ishii, and 17 year old Reo Yuuma. Police are still investing the scene and have no leads to who could of done this vile crime. We will continue to keep you updated on the situation as it is further investigated."

I changed the channel to something else. Anything else would be better than the news right now. How could this happen? They were fine last night... who could have done this?

The only people I know that were out last night was Tanaka and Nishinoya but they'd never do such a thing... would they?

... No. Its just a coincidence. They're my friends, I know they would never do such a thing. Besides, they walked me home. There's no way they would go back to those guys just to... do that.

I let out a long sigh and flop onto the couch and cover myself with the blanket.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I just heard three kids I went to school with just died, dad. Murdered at that."

"Were you friends with them?"

Definitely not.

"No..."

"Then why do you care?" He asks. I roll my eyes.

"I don't expect you to understand how valuable life is, dad of mine. You're old so life is not a valuable as it was when you were 23." I tell him. "It's just a little scary to me that kids that are barely 1 or 2 years older than me were killed in cold blood not that far from our house."

He raises his eyebrows like he pretends to understand. "Ah, I see..."

"I don't think you do." I mumble and sigh. I stand up, still tightly holding onto the blanket making sure it's still securely wrapped around me, and head upstairs.

"Y/n, where are you going? I made breakfast." I stand at the top of the stairs and look at her. "Are you ok?"

"Yea, just kinda shooken up. I just kinda wanna be alone... for a while." My mom gives me a sad smile.

"Ok, but before you hide away in your room like a little vampire take something to eat. It doesn't have to what I made, I just want you to eat something." She walks out of my line of sight but reappears seconds later. "Catch." She says and tosses me an apple. I fumble the apple for a moment before I settle the apple in my hands.

"Thanks mom." I turn around and head for my room. I enter my room and softly close the door and then I just stand in the middle of my room contemplating what to do next when my phone goes off. Tossing the apple aside, I grab it from my bedside table to see a message from Yachi.

Yachi 11:16 am
Um hi
Uh I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but I just wanted to ask if you would want to hang out with me tomorrow
It's fine if you don't want to!
I understand!
Read ✔️

I set my phone back down and take a seat on my bed. I bring my knees to my chest and rewrap my blanket around myself as I place my chin on my knees. I stare into nothingness as I think of what to say.

On one hand, I was attacked and almost sexually harassed last night and the perpetrators who did it are now dead.

On the other hand, I shouldn't let one terrible experience ruin my chances to hang with friends. I shouldn't live in fear after just one thing.

But what if it happens again?

And if it does, would anyone be there to help?

Would Yachi be harmed too?

Breaking the protective barrier the blanket created, I grab my phone again and hover my thumbs over the buttons for a moment before I type a response.

What did you have in mind?

Immediately she responds .

Yachi 11:27 am
I didn't think you'd response so quickly um-
I'm not sure, just anything really
Whatever you want
Tanaka and Nishinoya told us what happened and I just want to let you know that I'm here for you

A small smile appears on my face before it drops.

They told? I mean, they didn't know but I didn't really want anyone to know what had happened. I ponder for a moment before replying that I'd like to hang out tomorrow. I decided not to think too much on what happened.

Pulling the blanket around me for the third or so time I start to think of things to do tomorrow.

_______

- Somewhere else, Author's P.O.V -

Standing beside each other, Daichi and Suga wait near the school gates. Suga begins to pace back and forth nervously messing with the bottom of his shirt. Daichi taps his foot on the ground and checks his watch.

"Where is he? He said he'd be here by now." Daichi complains.

"I'm not sure, maybe he's not showing up?" Daichi scoffs.

"He better. He said he'd give us back our phones today. And after hearing what happened to Y/n I need it more than ever."

"Why would you need it more than ever?"

"To check up on her. She's vulnerable and probably still shooken up by what happened. She needs someone by her side or to at least talk to." Before Suga can respond, they hear the faint tapping of footsteps on the sidewalk. Both boys straighten themselves up and turn to look at the person approaching.

"Hello,"

"Yea hi, just give us back our phones, Yamaguchi." Daichi steps forward, but Yamaguchi puts his hand out stopping Daichi.

"If you want your phones back you're going to have to work for them."

***

I hope you enjoyed! 

Bye💚💚