=CHAPTER 4: LOVE MAKING=

Veronica 👸🏻:

I agree, meet me in the main hall tomorrow.

Vanessa responded with an okay and met up with Veronica in the main hall that morning.

"My parents want me to break up with him, what do yours think?" Veronica asked the dark skinned girl.

"I haven't heard a thing from my parents about it." Vanessa sighed and leaned on the lockers, searching the halls for her boyfriend. When she spotted him walking past her she grabbed his arm and pulled him into an empty classroom. She gave Veronica an encouraging nod before shutting the door.

"What on God's green earth were you thinking?" Vanessa said and Reggie exhaled loudly.

"I didn't want to, but Archie needed the help, besides, I thought you were cool with me being in the Red Circle," he said and Vanessa gave him a look of annoyance.

"I was cool with it when I thought you were helping the community. Now you're threatening serial killers? I thought I told you I wanted you safe." Vanessa was leaning on the door and Reggie was half sitting on the teacher's desk.

"You did, I'm sorry. But if we're talking about safety, I don't want you hanging with the Serpents," Reggie said and Vanessa narrowed her eyes.

"Does that mean you're going to stop being in the Red Circle?" Vanessa asked, Reggie's silence being answer enough. "Okay, then that's my answer too. I hope you realize that the Serpents were there for me when you put me through hell. They kept me safe and didn't judge me for something I didn't do." 

Vanessa stared at him, him playing with his hands while staring at them. He only looked up after she had opened and shut the door.

Vanessa didn't want to be at school anymore, but she needed to talk to Toni, who was in school. So, she threw on her Serpent jacket and rode her bike to Southside High.

She hopped off her bike and walked through the school's entrance and metal detectors. She saw the cafetorium with a clear view of Toni, Sweet Pea, Fangs, and other Serpents standing around a laptop. She hurried over to them and squeezed herself to sit between Sweet Pea and Toni.

"Ah, the Red Circle, or as I like to call it, the Idiot Squad," Vanessa said.

"Isn't your boyfriend a part of this 'Idiot Squad'?" Toni asked in that voice that told you know she knew the answer, but wanted to hear you say it.

"Exactly." Vanessa sighed. Sweet Pea knocked shoulders with her.

"We're thinking Fangs can get his Serpent stripes by going after redhead, what do you think?" Sweet Pea asked the girl.

"Well, since I'm angry I'd say-"

"Hey. I'm guessing we're not watching funny cat videos," Jughead said and Vanessa kept her head down as Sweet Pea paused the video.

"Check this out," Sweet Pea turned the laptop to face Jughead. "Some sick-in-the-head Northsider posted a crazy-ass video, and we were just talking-"

"About what?" Jughead asked and Vanessa looked up at him, his eyes going wide in realization.

"You really are one for interrupting today, aren't you?" she asked rhetorically as Sweet Pea continued.

"Fogarty wants to earn his Serpent stripes. I say bring us the head of that Northsider, and you're in."

"I'm down with that," Fangs said looking straight into Jughead's eyes. Sweet Pea pounded his fist on the table, laughing.

"No, guys, don't," Jughead protested.