=CHAPTER 13: FILLER=

The next day Reggie met Vanessa outside her house. Vanessa was surprised considering Reggie wasn't supposed to be back from his vacation until tomorrow.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, smiling before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him.

"I thought I'd surprise you and drive you to school," he said against her lips.

"Sounds great." Vanessa smiled and kissed him again before following him to his car and driving to school.

They arrived at school, walking through the hallways holding hands. They stopped outside the lounge to hear arguing between Jughead and Veronica. They stepped inside to see it all go down.

"Veronica, are you trying to manage me right now?" Jughead asked.

"Define 'manage'," Veronica replied.

"People are gonna lose their homes," Jughead changed the topic.

"Jughead, why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilized humans, face-to-face?" Veronica suggested.

"Okay," Jughead agreed. "One condition. Your dad comes to Sunnyside Trailer Park. I want him to see the people he's going to be displacing."

"Fine. And trust me, no one is being displaced." Veronica leaned forward. Just then Kevin came rushing into the room.

"Oh, my God, did you guys hear?" Kevin asked frantically. "My dad's scanner is blowing up. The police found another dead body this morning, there's blood everywhere."

"Could the Black Hood have risen from the grave?" Jughead asked, sarcastically.

"Did they say whose body?" Archie asked urgently.

"Where did they find it?" Betty asked, eerily calm.

"The investigation's ongoing, but apparently, it was a gruesome gangland-style execution at the motel, with blood and brains splattered all over the duvet-" Kevin explained. Vanessa's grip on Reggie's hand tightened and he rubbed her hand with his thumb. 

"Okay, Kev, we get it," Archie cut off Kevin's detailed description.

"I gotta go," Betty looked sick to her stomach. 

Betty left the room, Vanessa quickly following to make sure her friend was all right. She followed Betty into the bathroom, Betty slamming open a stall and regurgitating her breakfast. Vanessa kneeled down behind her, rubbing her back lightly. Betty finished vomiting and flushed the toilet. Cheryl came out of one of the stalls and looked into the one where the two sat.

"Oh. Betty, are you okay?" Cheryl asked. "Do you need some help?"

"I'm fine, Cheryl," Betty croaked out.

"Let me grab you a towel," Cheryl offered.

"I said I'm fine!" Betty snapped. "You can leave, too, Vanessa." 

Vanessa stood up quickly and stood next to Cheryl.

"You have puke on your collar," Cheryl pointed out before leaving the bathroom, Vanessa in tow.

=+=+=+=

Later that night Vanessa laid on top of Reggie in his room. They were watching a movie on his laptop. Vanessa was getting bored easily and decided to create some fun. She began kissing Reggie's jaw down to his neck then bare chest, leaving a trail of hickeys.

"Baby," Reggie grunted.

"Do you want me to stop?" Vanessa asked innocently. 

Reggie shook his head, moving his hand to cup her cheek. Their lips were about to meet when a knock sounded throughout the house. Vanessa moved off of Reggie so he could answer it. Vanessa heard the door open and a shocked Chuck spoke.

"Oh, sorry," he said, raising his eyebrows at the hickeys and shirtless Reggie. "Did I interrupt something?" Chuck asked.

"Uh, kinda, but what's up?" Reggie asked.

"I need to talk to Vanessa real quick," Chuck said. 

When Vanessa heard that she got out of Reggie's bed and walked down stairs in just his shirt and underwear.

"What's up, Chuck?" she asked.

"Can we talk? Alone?" he asked and she nodded, kissing Reggie on the cheek before stepping on the porch with Chuck, closing the door behind her.

"I was just wondering if you were coming with us tomorrow on the family trip?" he asked and Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows.

"Family trip?" Vanessa repeated.

"Yeah, the one mom talked about last week," he explained. "The one she planned for our birthdays?"

"I haven't really talked to mom and dad that much, not since Christmas." Vanessa frowned. "I don't think they really approve of what I've been doing."

"Oh, well, I'm sure if you asked they'd let you come," Chuck said.

"They clearly don't want me to." She sighed. "But it's fine. You have fun, just send me pictures, 'kay?"

"Sure thing, Ness." He smiled sadly, pulling her into a hug. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Chucky." She pulled away and walked back into the Mantle household. Reggie just stood there and Vanessa hugged him.

"I heard what happened, you okay?" Reggie asked.

"Yeah, let's just go to sleep," Vanessa suggested after pulling away.

"Or. . . We can finish what you started," Reggie said before quickly picking her up and throwing over his shoulder. She emitted a squeal as Reggie carried up the stairs and back to his room.

=+=+=+=

A/N: Okay, so, I know I haven't done any author's notes before, but I feel like this chapter requires a little bit of explaining. S2 E13 was mostly Archie dealing with Agent Adams and Betty dealing with the shady man. So I thought some relationship moments to show the closeness of Vanessa and Reggie would be a fun filler chapter. And a hint of why her family isn't mentioned frequently, also a hint at her birthday that will be next chapter. It will conveniently be on one of the days they are at the Lodge Lodge. Thank you for coming this far, I hope you enjoy.