=CHAPTER 17: CARRIE, THE MUSICAL=

Vanessa currently had everyone blowing up her phone, Betty, Veronica, Archie, Kevin, Reggie, even Chuck, who was already at school. They all were about the same topic: Being in Carrie, The Musical. She chose to ignore the texts and hopped on her motorcycle to school.

She walked into school and was immediately stopped in the hall by Kevin.

"Ah, just the girl I was looking for," Kevin said as he pulled her to the side of the hall. "Since you aren't answering anyone's texts, I'll just ask you: Will you be this year's lead role in the school musical?" Vanessa scrunched her eyebrows.

"Hasn't Cheryl already claimed that title?" Vanessa asked.

"I already talked to Toni, who thinks you're a great fit for the role, into easing her into the idea of being in ensemble," Kevin said then pouted. "Please?"

"Ugh, fine," Vanessa sighed. "if it'll get everyone to leave me alone."

"Great! If you will, follow me into the theater," He grabbed her shoulder lightly, pushing her the school's theater. He led her to the stage where everyone was grabbing a seat.

Kevin and Vanessa took a seat and Kevin looked over the group, "Welcome to Carrie, The Musical," Fangs pulled up a chair in between Kevin and Vanessa, it screeching on the floor the whole time. "Okay. Next, introductions."

"I'm Archie, I'm playing Tommy Ross. The boy next door," Introductions proceeded to go in a circle.

"I'm Betty, I play Sue Snell. The good girl."

"Veronica Lodge, playing mean girl, Chris Hargensen."

Cheryl stood from her chair, Josie rolling her eyes, "I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White."

"Uh, about that," Toni stood up in front of her girlfriend. "Everyone decided you'd be better at ensemble. You know, more singing and dancing."

"Then who's playing Carrie?" Cheryl asked in the sickeningly sweet voice.

"Vanessa," Kevin said and Vanessa gave a small wave, avoiding Cheryl's glare.

"I see," Cheryl said and Vanessa sunk in her chair. "Well, have fun with it, Clayton slut," Cheryl stormed off the stage, making everyone's eyes wide.

Ethel decided to change the subject, "Who's playing the mom? Margaret White."

Alice walked up onto the stage, "I am."

"Mom?" Betty questioned.

"Wait, seriously?" Ethel asked in disbelief.

"Settle down," Kevin told the group. "Yes, it's untraditional but to me, there's nothing more amateur than age-inappropriate casting."

Alice smiled at the students, "I'm really looking forward to getting to know who this woman is, you know, get under her skin. And, of course, to spend some quality time with my daughter, Elizabeth."

Just then Chuck came up on the stage, smiling at his sister, "Uh, sorry. I thought rehearsals were in the music room."

"No problem," Kevin told him as he pulled his chair in between Fangs and Vanessa. "All are welcome here."

Kevin let everyone take a break, Archie and Betty going to the snack table, Jughead following. When they came back Cheryl had come back, pouting as Toni rubbed her back.

"Okay," Kevin said. "Act one, scene one."

"Actually. . ." Cheryl spoke up. "Before we begin. . . Vanessa, would you please give me one reason why you should play Carrie over me."