=CHAPTER 19: BEGINNING OF THE END=

Vanessa woke up in Reggie's arms, him staring down at her. He smiled when she placed a kiss on his jaw.

"What time is it?" She asked in what Reggie thought was an adorable morning voice.

"It's time to get ready for school, only if you're up for going," Reggie quickly added in the last part.

"Sure," She smiled. "Let me steal some clothes?"

"Anything," He kissed her lips sweetly before getting out of bed and getting her clothes. She slid them on as he got out his own clothes for the day. She quietly slipped out of his room and headed downstairs. Upon noticing her disappearance, Reggie sped down the stairs and ran into the kitchen spotting her. "You can't just vanish like that," He gasped.

"And you can't keep tabs on me 24/7," She replied, popping a piece of muffin in her mouth.

"Glad to see you back to your usual, sarcastic self," He muttered and Vanessa rolled her eyes. "Come on, let's go," He grabbed her hand and tugged her to his car. They drove to school, one of his hands on the steering wheel the other holding her own.

They got out of the car, Reggie opening the door for her, "Okay, I'm walking you to each class whether you like it or not. But before school starts I have to go to the boy's locker room."

"Okay, I'll wait outside," Vanessa said, playing with his hand that was laced in hers as they walked inside.

"Nuh uh, you're coming with," Reggie said and Vanessa sighed.

"This overprotective thing isn't a good look," Vanessa pouted playfully and Reggie stuck his tongue out at her. They turned the corner and walked into the men's locker room, Reggie ignoring all the other students' weird looks.

"Okay, you stand in the back while we talk, okay?" Reggie asked and Vanessa nodded innocently.

Archie stood in the front of the boys and waited for them to be quiet, "If what happened to Midge taught us anything, it's that no one is safe, anywhere. This town needs us, it needs the Dark Circle," Vanessa furrowed her brows at the mention of their old 'school club'. "And this time, we'll have the new Sheriff's support. No offense, Kev."

"None taken," Kevin responded. "Here to catch the guy who cost my dad his job."

"Guys, I. . ." Moose paused briefly. "I gotta tell you something," All attention turned to Moose, even Vanessa's. "The night of the show, Midge and I got into a fight backstage 'cause she admitted, she was seeing someone else, behind my back." Vanessa gasped, but no one paid attention to her as she slipped out of the locker room.

She ran to where the Serpents were having a meeting, but Reggie didn't let her go. She burst through the door and searched for Fangs, "Fangs, you and I need to talk, like, right now. Maybe far from this room?"

"What? Why?" Fang asked as his eyebrows scrunched.

"We can talk about that in private," Vanessa gritted her teeth. "Hurry up, please."

Fangs was about to speak before the Bulldogs came through the door, "Which one of you reptiles was screwing Midge Klump?" Reggie asked angrily not registering Vanessa until she turned around and he gave her a confused look.

"Can you not do this, please?" Vanessa begged.

"Why are you even here right now, Vanessa?" Reggie asked angrily. "I saw you slip out before Moose even said it was a Serpent. You know who it is, don't you?"

She hesitated and Reggie scoffed, "No! No! Of course not! Why are you accusing me right now? Especially after what happened," Vanessa whispered the last part. Reggie's face fell as he searched Vanessa's for any sign of insincerity. When he found none he just pushed her out of the way, accusing Sweet Pea of doing it without giving her a second thought. The desks clattered as she fell, Toni and Fangs rushing to her side, asking if she was okay.