The First Day Of University

Butterflies Dream :

A swarm of butterflies is flying around the valley and in the meanwhile, she is running after the butterflies in an attempt to catch them. The Birds songs are breaking the silence in the valley ...

During running, her hair starts to flutter by the passing wind. And as they fall all over her face by covering and blocking her eyes, she flings them onto one of the sides of the shoulders to clears her sight at the front.

The daylight shines radially by lighting up the whole valley.
Hence, tired of running, she stops to breathe for a moment and begins to run again, the swarm of butterflies seem to be closer now.

"Zee. Nii. Aaa.. "
In the main time, a voice comes off shouting her name from far. But hearing it she decides to ignore, therefore, brushing aside all the extra thoughts, her eyes concentrate on the butterflies.

"Zenia. Ze. Nia... "
Her name echoes again, shaking the peace of the valley. But quickened her running pace she refuses to heed it.

But as soon as she reaches out and just about to catch one of the butterflies that a hand grabs her by the shoulder and spins her body on the other side.

"Zenia beta"...
"Why is it sound like Amma?.."
She thinks that by squeezing her eyes shut tighter than before, resisting to open but the pressure on her right shoulder compels her to open them instantly.

......................

Zenia's POV:

As soon as I open my eyes I find mother is glaring at me...

"Amma "...
I look up glancing at her with a few blinks and pouting lips while protesting.

"I was about to catch the butterflies and you have wakened me up"... That's not fair. "I whine sulking in the disappointment.

"similarly, you were dreaming about the butterflies. Right?" ...Amma speaks sighing then rising from the bed she pokes me on the forehead with her index finger ...

"Amma!"I groan messaging my forehead as she knows that since childhood I have been obsessing over the butterflies and how frequently I used to dream of them.

"I am telling you last time Zenia, flee out of your bed or I will dump your head with a bucked of water now ". Eventually, she warns me which I ignore by closing eyes...

"Here are your clothes, get up now as your baba has been waiting for you for two hours...and you are missing that today is your first day of university."
Finally speaking that she placed my clothes on the bed then leaves the room ...

"University" I repeat the word university as immediately it alerts all of my sleeping senses.

"Oh, shit" I freak out yelling.
"Today is my first day to attend the university" standing from the place with a speed I pace here and there in search of sandals, then wearing them I walk up to the cupboard...as I pull out my bag and a few books. I shove books into my bag feeling panic.
"Gosh, I am already late." I gaze at the clock which strikes 8 am...

Pacing up I step into the bathroom by carrying my dress from the bed ...spending half an hour to get ready, I run outside of the room for going downstairs. As soon as I enter the dining room I meet baba...

"Good morning baba!! "
Noticing that keeping up his daily routine he is reading the newspaper. I sit dragging a chair in front of him. That meanwhile taking off his glasses he glances up at me by speaking jovially.

" seems like my daughter is ready to go university...let's start our breakfast without wasting time, as it seems late already "...
watching his wristwatch he informs me...

"I have an important meeting today but I have to drop you off at university "... After hearing that I start to stuff my mouth with food, eating faster ...

"Why are you eating as someone is after you .. eat slower " Amma scolds standing closer my head then by placing a glass of milk in front of me she returns to the kitchen...

"Umm.. amma" I will not drink milk" ...denying I stand up
"We are already late"...

"I am done... Shall we go baba? " I ask baba and he nods by picking his car's keys ...

"OK see ya amma..". We are going "I utter louder to inform.
Then catching sight of her, coming out of the kitchen. I place a goodbye a kiss on her cheek... By waving a bye I walk outside, following baba.

"Is my daughter excited for today?" Baba questions while sitting on driving seat...

" very excited "
I reply cheerily although I am nervous.

"Great. That's like a good girl"
"no need to be nervous and try to make a new friend ..."
he advised me smiling.
He knows well that I am an introvert who hardly make friends.

Arriving at university I step out of the car then turning back I say goodbye.
"Allah Hafiz "
"I will be here around 2 pm to pick you up. Take care and Allah Hafiz!"
he drove away by weaving at me. Thus I step inside the University.

As I enter through the gate I look here and there as many students are walking beside me. It makes me a little worried after watching many boys ...

Thus after visiting the admin office, I ask a few passing students regarding classroom direction... As I enter the classroom, I sit down in a corner seat. After sitting quietly for a while, I look around feeling little uneasy to see the boys and girls in the classroom are talking to each other. because this is my first experience of studying co. education.

Lost in the train of thoughts I couldn't see when someone comes standing near, snapping me out of my thoughts with a slight clap... I look up seeing a girl standing there smiling at me.

"Hey!! I am Hania and yours???"
I gaze at her face then at her extended hand.
" is she asking me? " .... I look up perplex...

Zenia Murtaza on her first day of university

..........................
The End.