BRAT

JI CHANG WOOK

" She's a brat, " I lowered my sunglasses to cover my eyes and reached for the glass of coconut juice from the table. " A tiger cannot change it's stripes."

Daniel turned to look at me through his dark glasses. " You were singing a different tune before."

I shrugged offhandedly and sipped from the straw. " I thought she was different, "

" Cut her some slack, " Daniel told me as he shifted comfortably in his lounge chair. " I think she's really trying."

" Can we just talk about this some other time? "

" I really think you're passing up a very good opportunity here, " Daniel couldn't resist saying.

" Daniel, " I said in a sharp warning voice.

" Okay, okay, " my manager finally raised his hands in surrender.

I turned my head away from him and closed my eyes.

I am not going to let her ruin my vacation.

We were in Bali, lazily sprawled on lounge chairs in our two bedroom ocean villas, which was our home for the next 7 days. We took the red eye to Bali earlier today and had practically done nothing but sleep, drink and lounge since we arrived on the island.

I intended to have a work and stress free week but Daniel had other ideas when he mentioned Gong Je Hya, my lead female co-star in the last film that I've done over a year ago.

Like most of the female celebrities that I've worked with, Gong Je Hya was a brat. A spoiled rich brat who thought she could have everything and everyone that she wanted.

Shooting the film was a nightmare. She was always late. And if she wasn't late, she will not give any notice if she wouldn't show up. Getting her in character was a pain too, because her moods always got in the way.

Promoting the show was even worse. I did more than half of the promotional tours alone because she was either hangover or was just ' not in the mood to meet people' as what her talent manager had said numerous times. And of the two times that she had to do a TV guesting without me, she claimed in front of the entire South Korean population that we were dating.

Apparently, being paired up with me in last year's show had a great impact on her career. That was why her agency approached me a month ago to do another film with her. I outright declined because I frankly have no patience for stuck-up rich women like her.

Je Hya was obviously not used to being rejected and has done several things to persuade me. She had even gone to the extent of getting people close to me do the persuading.

Which was exactly what Daniel, her first degree cousin, did moments ago.

" Have you been rehearsing your lines? " Daniel asked after a moment.

I sighed loudly to express my distaste. " I really don't want to talk about work right now, " I muttered.

" You better be careful, " Daniel said airily. " I think you've gotten yourself a competition."

That's when I heard her laughter.

Their laughters.

My eyes shot open. Despite my sunglasses, I could clearly see two figures with their backs on us, in the next villa laughing outrageously as they held what I think were scripts in their hands.

" You're crazy, " Anne said in between laughter punching Alex on his right arm.

Since when did Alex read scripts with actors? Or with anyone for that matter?