MEMORIES

ANNE

I am never going to drink again. I am never going to touch even a drop of alcohol. I am not going to drink again. Ever.

I groaned as I buried my head on my pillow.

How am I going to face Chang Wook now? How am I going to work with him if I'm too embarrassed to even look at him? How?

When Daniel pulled out that one particular bottle of wine, memories just started flooding my head. I recalled telling Chang why I moved to Korea. And much to my dismay, I remembered kissing him too.

kissed him and not the other way around.

Why did I kiss him? Why did I do that? Why Anne? Why?

I punched my pillow again and again.

With a start, another memory flashed before my eyes and I quickly sat up.

---

I was too drunk to walk. I stared at the staircase and I knew  I couldn't reach the landing without tumbling over. But I took the first step anyway. Drunk people do this all the time and they seemed to have survived it. I should be okay.

But I missed the second step and almost toppled over if Chang didn't manage to grab me by the wrist.

" Watch it, " he ordered as he pulled me upright and placed both my hands on the handrail.

" What? " I  asked him innocently and flashed him a grin. " It's not my fault. This stupid stairs suddenly moved. "

" I bet, " he muttered.

He looked at the long flight of stairs below us and looked at me.

" Do you think you can you make it? "

" What kind of a question is that? " I scoffed as I gave him a dismissive wave. " I trained on top of a moving bus, I drove a motorcycle, I jumped out of a helicopter twice. This is easyyyy!"

With that, I started down the stairs again lowering one foot. But for some reason, my foot couldn't find the wooden step and I slipped on the staircase once again.

I watched as my world spun and  braced myself for impact.

But a hand grabbed my wrist and broke my fall.

" Damn it, Anne." Chang muttered behind me and before I could protest, he swooped me in his arms.

My head was still spinning from the movement but he smelled so nice and felt so soft. I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled closer.

" You smell nice, " I murmured on his neck and kissed it lightly.

" Don't do that, Anne, " he said hoarsely.

" Why not? You smell so nice." I told him as he took the steps one at a time. "  You always smell nice. "

" Okay, " he muttered. " I smell nice. End of conversation."

By this time, I had snuggled against his chest. " No, " I said softly. " I still want to talk."

He didn't reply to that and continued descending the staircase.

We were almost at the bottom step when I spoke. " I like kissing you, Ji Chang Wook. "

He cursed loudly and I wondered why he was angry.

I heard Chang lightly kick my bedroom door open and within seconds, he was depositing me on my bed.

I watched him cover me with the comforters.