TEHRAN BOULEVARD

ANNE

I was humming a John Legend song as I stirred some skimmed milk into my freshly brewed coffee.

Agatha, my new housekeeper whom Jake hired the day after Rachel left for New York, quickly handed me a wooden coaster as I walked out of the kitchen and then sat on my favorite spot on the couch.

Putting the coaster and coffee down on the glass centre table, I reached out for the remote control and started channel surfing. I've mindlessly searched for something that would interest me when I saw the promo trailer of our movie.

Settling on that channel, I took my coffee and watched the trailer for the millionth time that week.

Practically every scene featured me on it. Chang, of course, dominated the entire clip but I was mostly there with him in every frame.

A smile crept on my face as a snippet of my fight scene on top of the bus was flashed onscreen. It played for maybe three seconds before it shifted to a scene where Chang and I were jumping out of the helicopter. It featured a few other scenes before it mentioned the casts - my name along with Ji Chang Wook's in big bold letters swiping in.

I am really doing this. I thought in disbelief. In less than four months, our TV show will finally air on national television.

It still wasn't all sinking in. It's been three weeks since the press conference and a lot of surprising things had happened since then.

Even before Lianne's team managed to come up with a new PR plan to cover our reel-to-real relationship, several fans clubs shipping Chang and I had suddenly popped out. They dominated the online platforms and they had, surprisingly, become our online warriors, defending us from digital trolls and bashers. And trust me, there was just a lot of them.

Two weeks ago, we've also learned of three Anne Martinez fans clubs. Two of which already requested a meeting with me, their celebrity idol.

Celebrity idol. The words were still alien to my ears.

From a unassuming runaway, I had become an accidental star with not just one, but three fan clubs! What has my life become?

I was still musing on the idea of having a fan club, err, fan clubs when Agatha came into the room and announced that I have a visitor.

Looking up, I saw an excited Riwa practically running towards me.

" Good that you're all dressed up, " she gushed when she saw that I was already out of my pajamas and was wearing a skinny jeans and an oversized denim button down shirt. " You need to see something. "

" Well, good morning, " I greeted as I looked at her questioningly. " What is it? "

Riwa's excitement was contagious as she grabbed my hand and led me out of the front door.

" I need to get my bag, " I protested as we walked past the two security personnel keeping watch outside of my door.

" No need, " Riwa was saying as she signaled for my driver, again one of Jake's newest employ, to start the car. " We're going to be quick. I just really need to show you this. "

I laughed as I let her usher me inside the black Range Rover. She quickly climbed in the backseat with me and one of my bodyguards got inside the passenger seat.

Riwa quickly instructed them where to go and I quietly looked out the window as the car drove past the apartment's iron gates and into the swarm of media gathered outside.

Ever since the press conference, members of the media started  gathering outside of my house. That was the ultimate reason why Jake hired several security personnel to keep an eye on me twenty four seven. And why I have suddenly gotten myself not just one but two bodyguards who went with me wherever I go.