PREMIERE NIGHT 2

ANNE

After Lee Min Ho left, the gala night went on until the wee hours of the morning.

Chang and I danced a few times but we enjoyed the evening more sitting at one corner of the ballroom and watching everyone have fun.

We were collapsed against a sofa, drinks in our hands. I was leaning comfortably against Chang as we both stared at the makeshift dance floor where most of the staff and crew were dancing.

We got viewership rating of the show's first episode before midnight. And it was as high as 19% beating several other TV dramas sharing the same time slot. Because of it's success, Jake announced an open bar and buffet until six in the morning the following day.

Everyone seemed to be having the same idea tonight - to drink the night and dawn away.

" Aren't you two a lousy sight? " A shadow suddenly fell over us.

I gasped recognizing the voice and quickly looked up the figure towering over us.

" Rach! " I cried out as I pushed myself off the couch. " You're here! "

My best friend was grinning at me as she enveloped me in a hug. " I'm sorry I'm a bit late. I came straight from the airport. Took a commercial flight and there were several delays. "

" It doesn't matter. The important thing is you're here. " I told her when we parted and noticed for first time that she came prepared to the event.

She was wearing a beige sheath gown which has a V neckline and sexy slit on the side of her legs. If I wasn't mistaken, she was wearing Valentino tonight.

" Did you come from the airport wearing that? " I asked teasingly.

" Of course not, " she rolled her eyes. " Jake got it for me weeks ago. Good thing, the store here has this particular collection. I wasn't planning on attending your premiere night dressed in jeans and sweatshirt! We had to pass by his house to change when he picked me up from the airport. "

" Jake picked you up from the airport? " I echoed.

So that was where my cousin suddenly disappeared to.

Rachel nodded and quickly explained. " Don't act so shock. I was supposed to surprise you so I obviously couldn't ask you to pick me up. I had to ask Jake a favor. "

Of course, I thought in amusement. And Jake had to pick Rachel up himself because all of his drivers were probably busy tonight.

" I still couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the pilot episode, " Rachel was saying, well, half shrieking. " I mean, you're really on TV, Anne!"

Her happiness was infectious and I couldn't help grin back at my best friend.

" I couldn't believe it myself. It felt so surreal, " I admitted and then I looked at her curiously. " But you missed the show earlier so how were you able to watch it? "

She gave me a dismissive wave. " Jake played it in his car on the way here so I could watch it. I'm your best friend, I can't be not updated on things happening to you. "

"How thoughtful of Jake, " I said wryly.

Rachel didn't seem to catch on as she turned her attention to Chang who was now standing behind me.

" Chang Wook! " Rachel exclaimed as walked over to where my boyfriend was standing. " Congratulations on yet another successful TV show. "

He grinned at Rachel. " Thank you, Rachel. I'm glad you could make it tonight. "